-
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTG3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Still looking for a rad for my 65 Dart 6 cyl 4spd Dart. I already have something 40 years old. I am hoping to find something that was recored 10 or so years back and removed for a V-8 transplant.
For those of you that don't know 6 and 8 cyl have the bottom inlet on opposite sides.:eek:ops:

I'm parting out a 72 Valiant slant 6 with a good replacement rad and shroud. It's not out yet but I can get it and get some pics and measurements if you think it will fit.

I believe the 6 cylinder radiator core measures 19 inches with an extra wide radiator side bracket on the passenger side to fit the V8's 22 inch wide core support opening.

I took a V8 22 inch radiator and had the upper/lower hose nipples soldered on where a slant's would normally be found. If your opening is the 22 inch wide (and it should be for 65), that could be an option for you.

It's different. If I had nothing I could make it work. Also I am sure it is an original 72 rad which is almost as tired as what I have,
Thanks for offering:cheers:
I'm parting out a 72 Valiant slant 6 with a good replacement rad and shroud. It's not out yet but I can get it and get some pics and measurements if you think it will fit.

Still looking for a rad for my 65 Dart 6 cyl 4spd Dart. I already have something 40 years old. I am hoping to find something that was recored 10 or so years back and removed for a V-8 transplant.
For those of you that don't know 6 and 8 cyl have the bottom inlet on opposite sides.:eek:ops:

I have athe original radiator out of my '65 Dart that worked perfect. I put in an aluminum radiator for a V8 build

Do you have the original 4spd radiator, from the car ?

If so, thats a fairly rare radiator.

Why not just rebuild it ?

What is the difference between a 4 spd rad and a 3 speed rad if any ?
I just figured if I could save some $$ by finding a GOOD used unit I would but it is looking like a rebuild,.
Do you have the original 4spd radiator, from the car ?

If so, thats a fairly rare radiator.

Why not just rebuild it ?

A 4spd radiator has no provisision or holes for automatic transmission lines.

Like I said, they are fairly rare.

Plus, its a round top radiator. They look better in an early A.

Doesnt matter to me what radiator you chose. But my choice would be to rebuild the original.

A 4spd radiator has no provisision or holes for automatic transmission lines.

Like I said, they are fairly rare.

Plus, its a round top radiator. They look better in an early A.

Doesnt matter to me what radiator you chose. But my choice would be to rebuild the original.

Three spd std would also have no cooler line holes.
Back when they were common I'm sure there were as many if not more Std's than auto
Yes I want to keep the round top that is why I am not buying later mod rad or an aluminum one

Mine is the original 4 speed radiator. It's in perfect working condition. We turbocharged my slant six (pictures of the build on my page) and it wasn't enough cooling power for the extra heat from the turbo. It ran really cool naturally aspirated.

But how old is it and what is it going to cost to cross the US ?

Well it's the original out of my '65 GT so 50 years old. I'll have to get an estimate from UPS. Maybe my work will let me ship it for a discounted price since we ship hundreds of packages a day

At that age It isn't worth even the shipping to me. I have one that old in the car. I am looking for something that has been recored maybe 10 years ago.

Thanks anyway

At that age It isn't worth even the shipping to me. I have one that old in the car. I am looking for something that has been recored maybe 10 years ago.

Thanks anyway

I'll go through all of the paperwork the original owners gave me. They kept every receipt. Maybe it's been recored. I'll get back to you

Like Johnny Dart said, why not get yours recored. You end up knowing exactly what you have and you can choose the core thickness - 2 row, 3 row, etc. and usually only takes a day or two depending on how busy the shop is. You can get it done in less time then getting one shipped to you. Just my take on it.

I figured If I could save something It would be OK if it is a fairly new one.
There is no day or two rebuild anymore, closer to a week because no one keeps stuff in stock. Also the newer cores are much thinner that 10 -15 years ago (Import ?)
Just thought I would try.

I just got a call back $600 + OUCH:protest:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back