65 Dart Antenna

-

krosan

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am restoring a 65 Dart Gt and pulled out the old antenna when I was stripping the car. I don't see any holes for the antenna cable to enter the cab. Can someone tell me how the cable enteres under the dash? Ken

Hi Guys, I am restoring a 65 Dart Gt and pulled out the old antenna when I was stripping the car. I don't see any holes for the antenna cable to enter the cab. Can someone tell me how the cable enteres under the dash? Ken

The hole should be about 8 inch from the upper door hinge towards the front of the car on the passenger side.

The hole should be about 8 inch from the upper door hinge towards the front of the car on the passenger side.

+1

between the passenger side upper and lower door hinges. should be visible with the passenger kick panel trim removed.

I'll revive his thread. Cannot find a hole anywhere, 99% sure my car does not have one. Strange. Getting ready to drill, can anyone provide a photo of the actual hole/location? If I'm going to drill I'd like to put it in close to the right spot...

My fender tag says my car came with an AM radio, but the hole was never drilled. Instead my radio antenna was mounted on the rear passenger quarter panel. I read somewhere that antennas were dealer installed, which seems crazy to me, but is supported by my car.

Anyways, there is a bulge in the passenger side of the cowl midway between the door hinges. There is a dimple in the center of this bulge where the whole would be drilled for the antenna wire. You should be able to see it if you remove the rear splash shield.

I found you a picture

Like I said, mine was never drilled, but I parted out a 66 and this is where the antenna wire came through.

Attachments

• Radio Antenna Wire Location.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 100
There it is! Nope no hole there on my car, but that is where I was going to drill! Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. Went to drill at that location and even found a little divit already stamped into the metal to center my drill. I am now antenna enabled!

-
Back