65 dart convert speaker ?

-

andy l

Reaction score
I have a 65 dart gt convert and was wondering if anyone has put speakers in the backseat area if so where did u put them. Pics would be great also

Not sure about '65's but my '70 had holes for em...

n215200221_71390_4708802.jpg

I've always toyed with the Idea of builting a box and mounting them at the bottom of the side well's, but water gets down there. Well Liner, Same thing, gets wet. Thought about customizing that with a hard-back to mount them into.

Pretty much leaves the trunk in my mind. Well is thin enough, I'd think most sound would come thru when top is up.

Been trying to figure this out for my 64 Valiant convertible also. I have found a site that made a custom speaker that goes on the front windshield dash where the original speaker went but could not find out how it sounds before buying it.

Im in the same boat guys with my 69 cuda. I havent looked into it too much though cuz it will be a while before tires are turnin and tunes are cranked, but all I could come up with was small boxes for each speaker and they just sit on the back seat, and when you have someone sit in the back seat, the speaker boxes go in the trunk. Anyone else got ideas??

Dash, kick panels, door panels and rear panels are all good spots for small speakers.

This past Sunday, I just put 2 5" speaker in the back of my drop top. I removed the cardboard cover behind the seat and replaced it with a peice of plywood, cut holes and painted. Worked great.

I have some in the kick panels already but need something behind me I was thinking of taking the side rear trim out and installing them in the panels but hate the thought of cutting up int. trim pieces

I have some in the kick panels already but need something behind me I was thinking of taking the side rear trim out and installing them in the panels but hate the thought of cutting up int. trim pieces

Do what I did. With the top up, behenind the rear seat> There is a thin cardboard like panel. You will have to remove the canvas well. Remove the panel with 2 clips and replace with a thin piece of plywood. I used 5 inch speakers. I was lucky and had some grills. I cut holes in the plywood, made sure the fit. Then I painted the plywood the color of the car. Place the plywood panel with speakers and secured with sheet metal screws. They sound and look great. When I am in the trunk looking all the way to the back seat. I wish I had some pix with me.

I already have a nice set of Alpine 5 1/4 3 ways that I want to incorporate in with the other speakers. I was thinking about putting them in the front bottom rear seat with the grilles I would just have to cut out the seat covering which wouldn't be that bad

Been a few years ago, but it seems like I remember some company had thin speakers to put under the seats. Was one of the companyies like Cutsom Autosound. Have the same problem. I just have a small pair of enclosed speakers that sit under the front of the front seats, they work, probably not the greatest speakers but their only hooked up to an 8-track anyway.

-
Back