-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Miller

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have totally restored the power train in this original owner tan colored GT. The engine has been rebuilt and now has the modern ignition,and a new Edlebrock 4 bbl. It has power steering and the front rotors (transfered from a '65 Cuda) with correct power assist. SBP 14" wheels all around with new white walls and the very rare 14" GT hubcaps that were made only for the last two production months of '65 before the '66 GT's changed the 14" wheels to the large bolt Pattern (LBP). The transmission was rebuilt professionally and I found the big rear-end and a NOS sure-grip diff. It's ready for paint and an interior re-do but I've lost interest. The body is Calif. bone dry (no rust) and 100 % of the body is intact. (no missing trim) The interior has all got to be redone so the choice of colors is up to you. I have probably in excess of $12,000 into it at this stage but am willing to let it go for $7,000. FIRM Thanks, Frank P.S. I have previously restored a '65 Falcon and '65 Skylark convertible to show condition so I know what I'm doing. It is located in the Phoenix, AZ area.

I'm up in Mountain View CA, and I have it down at my buddy,s paint/mechanic garage I helped him build last year in Apache Junction. He is currently prepping my '65 Buick Skylark convertible for paint and I was intending to do the dart next month or so. It's the original tan and I have had him paint that original color code in the engine compartment before I redid the whole new power train a year or so ago. It's complete and rust-free and the interior needs to be redone but if you need to know anything about what's been done already, like I said it is 100% show complete. Thanks, Frank

" SBP 14" wheels all around with new white walls and the very rare 14" GT hubcaps that were made only for the last two production months of '65 before the '66 GT's changed the 14" wheels to the large bolt Pattern (LBP)."

Not following you here. Are you saying the 66 Darts changed to LBP in 66?

You guys are brutal. Forget I even tried to get it right. I was specific about the '65 of which when redoing the front brake system the Dodge historical resource spoke about rotors finally being made available in only the last two months of production. With the SBP. I didn't know the BP on the '66. Did they have the same hupcaps? I was told no. Anybody that's not about being mean knows that the big 8-3/4 is the it diff. I know you'd love to have it. I know everything in the new power train is correct. Pick on me if you need to. Frank

Frank...LBP didn't come out till 73. 65 and 66 came out with 13" wheels.
You really need to post pictures, so that we can assist helping you out with what you have.

Sorry Frank, we don't mean to be brutal. There's just quite a few things wrong with your description. Photos are a plus with this group. If you do have rare hub caps, we would like to see them. FYI, 66 darts never had big bolt pattern wheels. A "totally restored power train" is one that hasn't been modified. If you want to check out a totally restored 65 Dart check out Ulf's thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102646
You are correct if you have a 8 3/4" rear end. It is the big one for early A bodies. Where in the world did you find a NOS Sure Grip unit. I would love to see the original box that came out of. We aren't trying to be smarty pants here. We just see far too many people here that drop in for free advertising and are never heard from again. Most of us here are pretty passionate about our A bodies and we are here for the long haul. Why not keep your Dart and hang around here for lot's of fun and knowledge. We would love to have you. Hopefully no hard feelings. toolmanmike

Honestly,this can be a tough place to sell a car.
Best thing to do is post some pics,and a price.
Keep it simple.
Good luck with your sale.

Brutal, just Brutal...LOL..... however,,,,,:worthles:

Like this: Here's my latest toy......in progress, used to be brown....now

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 597
MIKE , I did mistakenly say the '66's went to th LBP. This car is a true barn find. You live too far away to capture it. Thanks, Frank.

I was putting up an ad for a car that I've forgotten most of the details about when the Mopar Club members steered me into spending a ton off dough into "perfect show" stats. It's a steal sorry you won't get the opportunity, Frank.

I truly forgot. I did the research 8 yrs. back and found the Dana "60 on the rack of a wealthy race car guy up in Sonoma. Thanks, Frank

Sorry Frank, we don't mean to be brutal. There's just quite a few things wrong with your description. Photos are a plus with this group. If you do have rare hub caps, we would like to see them. FYI, 66 darts never had big bolt pattern wheels. A "totally restored power train" is one that hasn't been modified. If you want to check out a totally restored 65 Dart check out Ulf's thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102646
You are correct if you have a 8 3/4" rear end. It is the big one for early A bodies. Where in the world did you find a NOS Sure Grip unit. I would love to see the original box that came out of. We aren't trying to be smarty pants here. We just see far too many people here that drop in for free advertising and are never heard from again. Most of us here are pretty passionate about our A bodies and we are here for the long haul. Why not keep your Dart and hang around here for lot's of fun and knowledge. We would love to have you. Hopefully no hard feelings. toolmanmike
I took very strong offense to the jerks that attacked me after my rather simple and inaccurate description of the '65 GT I had spent four years and about $8,000 to make historically accurate. The jerk member who suggested that my previous two resto's ('65 Falcon and '65 Skylark convertible) were probably wrong is dead wrong. They are show stopping gorgeous and so new when I bought them that I didn't have anywhere near the challenge to make this RARE GT perfect. The people who criticized my ad were right. I honestly threw it in here hoping I'd not get any response (dumping it for so cheap) and keep going to paint etc. I sense that your forgiveness towards me gives me a better feeling about this Dodge website. Thanks, Frank

Frank, I think you took this way too personally. Put yourself in our shoes. We have jerks come through here all the time trying to pass a POS as something it's not, asking ten times what it's worth and expecting us to drool all over it. You post an ad with a few simple mistakes with no pictures. That kinda thing around here draws a little ire. Nobody's said you are dishonest. Nobody's said you are trying to get one over. You're the one trying to sell something here. I would try my damndest to get all my info correct on a car I was wanting to sell, and so should you. Especially when you put the ad on a Mopar specific site, where there are a lot of people in the know about these cars. Yeah, we're a tough crowd, but a lot of this was meant as friendly banter and nothing more.......but banter enough in hopes to get the correct information and pictures, which you still have not supplied. If you took what I said earlier personally, I apologize. It was not meant that way. A lot of people have been ripped off in the past, so we tend to be a little gunshy of someone new suddenly posting something for sale here.

I'm up in Mountain View CA, and I have it down at my buddy,s paint/mechanic garage I helped him build last year in Apache Junction. He is currently prepping my '65 Buick Skylark convertible for paint and I was intending to do the dart next month or so. It's the original tan and I have had him paint that original color code in the engine compartment before I redid the whole new power train a year or so ago. It's complete and rust-free and the interior needs to be redone but if you need to know anything about what's been done already, like I said it is 100% show complete. Thanks, Frank

So, what shop is it at? I know a couple of guys that restore. They may take a look at it for me. Pictures of the car would really help.

I have pictures. I had a friend go look at the car. Frank, do you care if I post a link to pics of the car?

Hey everyone, I've been talking to Frank since the add came out, and I just had a friend who lives 5 mins away from where the car is go by and check it out. Frank, isn't trying to pass anything off as something it isn't. The car is not original with the options on it. He spent a ton of money on upgrading these pieces, and he'll admit he's not a Mopar spec genious, so much of what he did, he was given direction from other people in the know.

With this said, know that this is an original V8 car with many upgrades done to it, including the HP 273 motor.

I'm posting a link to the pictures I have of the car, that I had taken. These are not Frank's, and he allowed me to post the link to the pictures, so don't beat him up if there's a picture you want and its not there.

http://s279.photobucket.com/user/ddprcc/library/65DartPhx?sort=3&page=1#

Fred, Please do post the pics, and thank you for the information about the real status of the car. Sorry if I was mistaken for any potential buyers. It is a '65 Dart GT that I got from the original 85 year old owner in San Jose CA. (The body is bone dry and straight. It did come with a 273 2 bbl. (according to the tags) and I was enamoured with the all original power train aspects that I spent a fortune to restore and upgrade to the Commando/Charger options. I did that correctly but would never try to disguise it as an original Plymouth Commando or Dodge Charger high performance model. The sale price has now dropped to $6,000 for anyone interested in finishing off the paint and interior. Frank. P.S. it has all the body and int. parts in great condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back