65 Dart gt convert on ebay?

-
No, you're not! It's a 273 HP car with automatic transmission. Color was bright red from the start. That's a good project.

And its a convertible! Cant be too many of those around.

Makes me wish I had the money and the room.. :angry7:

It also looks like it has a cable for the gas pedal linkage..like the V-8's came with...my slant 65 had the hard flip rod....just curious whats underneath all of the fresh body work....

#'s matching isn't really accurate because all the drivetrain parts had back then was manufacture dates. If all of those dates are close, then there's a pretty good chance they are original, but can't really be 100% sure. Regardless, a pretty cool project if the price is right.

Nope, they just made some 558 units of which 360 had automatic transmission! So yes, it's rare!

Where did you get your data? I have a 64 Dart GT convertible - automatic V-8 (273), but have not been able to find out how many were produced. Please enlighten me!!!

There's more of these around then one might think...and they don't really bring much money. I have one and sold another, wyoduster (?) had one, not a GT though, and had a slow sale on a running/driving car at I think $ 1500.00. From what I've seen even a completely restored 65 GT Vert you shouldn't expect more then $15000. for and to do one right will cost you every bit of that and more.
And yes, Patch, it does beg the question of what is under that fresh primer...no mention was made of quarter patches or front fender patches and no real pics of the floor that "has some bad patches"....in it's present state I would say its not worth more then $1000., epecially since there is a question over what the original motor was.

Nice car but buyer beware! That primer could hide all kinds of trouble.

That transmission looks like one from an earlier dart, when did they stop using that type of drive shaft ?

65 was the last year for that type of driveshaft. And I though it was cool just because its unusual to see an original commando 273 convertible from 65.

Where did you get your data? I have a 64 Dart GT convertible - automatic V-8 (273), but have not been able to find out how many were produced. Please enlighten me!!!

I have all the data for all 1965 Darts but not for 1964s. Sorry!

The VIN shows it being a V8 GT. The engine is obviously not an early one to begin with. The 5 freeze plug on the side are a dead giveaway plus the block casting number is for the '75-up model.

-
Back