Status
Not open for further replies.

bargeahead

Wishicouldre member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I plan on retiring from riverboats in January, started a new business, can't do both and "make it" with a "classic car" still needing the "final touches". So, with deep regret :crybaby: I'm offering my 65 Dart GT for sale.

What do I have in it so far ? We won't go there because everybody already "knows" how that goes.

I'll start with the "bad". It needs carpet, headliner ( not sagging but has some snags and is just faunky ), door sill plates, exterior cosmetic touch up ( some blisters, chips, sags ), gage work ( gas gage is off/on, gage lights haven't been even considered yet, temp & speedo & amp are fine ).

The so-so. Upholstery is not perfect but entirely serviceable with a button loose and a couple of small snags. Glass is 46 years old but no problems driving at night or adverse weather conditions, it's good just ain't perfect. Dash pad needs the overlay installed (have). Interior trim needs painted uniform color. There's more but you know how it goes when you try to remember everything at once.

The good. Numbers matching. Fresh rebuild on 273 Charger engine and 904 trans. New Eddy 600 carb sitting on new high rise Offy manifold with slightly hotter than original cam and converted to hyd lifters. Pertronix conversion and hot coil bypassing ballast resistor. Will be doing 500 mile oil change within next few days. Tires new less than 1000 miles ago. Rear tires may have a few more miles cuz even with the 7.25 2.73 open rear end it does OK. Firm Feel UCA's, all new brake system ( dual chamber MC ),all new lines ( brake & fuel ), new gas tank, new shocks ( air on rear ), and more but refer to the remember issue.

Now if anyone is still reading this and is seriously interested they can check out my Member Resto thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=98120&highlight=humble+bee and read thru the trials and tribulations and see some before/after pics.

Included is a complete 8.75 assembly, 3.23 SG, brake shoes, drums, shock plates, the whole works except U-bolts. This rear end I really, really, REALLY want to sell along with the Dart as a package rather than selling separate. Other extra and spare parts.

Commando valve covers resto'd by CudaChick/Leanna !

I guess I need to quote a price. How about starting with $7500 OBO

Might consider my trade + for a fuel efficient car or pick-up.

I'll be home for the next 3 weeks and will do specific pics for anyone SERIOUSLY interested. Please contact me by e-mail since I don't get on FABO as often as I like since the biz started taking off.

Thought if I made this long and rambling enough I'd type myself out of it. Guess not. THX FABO

Attachments

• fendertag.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,266
  • IMG_1217.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 1,300
  • IMG_1930.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_1232.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,236
This is something for people to think about for the next four weeks.

The original post was because I knew I needed the space but quite honestly didn't want to sell .....just because...as we know.

Well, now I MUST have the garage space for the business. As in MUST !

I can store at a friends but that would be stored and not finished.

I haven't had a chance to do anything at all in the past four weeks home except drive it for about 20 miles in town.

The BAD : It needs a new park-lock cable or have an epoxy dam built around the cable/trans coupler to stop the gravity leak of trans fluid.

I f'd up...I didn't re-torque the exhaust manifold bolts and now have an exhaust leak which has channeled through the gasket on the forward right bank. Easy replacement ( have gaskets ) no time.

There is about 500 miles on the engine/trans rebuilds.

Extra parts : Complete 8.75, 3.23 SG assembly, only thing needed is shorten driveshaft and u-bolts.

Many other parts; remote mirror, window fuzzies ( new ), crappy candy cane, gaskets, and many more.

Anything Mopar on the shelves goes with the Dart or even anything car related ( except air/paint equipment ).

Think about it. First 6K takes all...otherwise goes in storage or for sale elsewhere.

Will be back in town middle of August. If interested PM, email, or call to set up inspection. Can be done prior to mid August.

READ ORIGINAL POST !

Cool paint scheme...... Post more pics :cool:

Have you taken it to any shows so others can see it? It sounds like you're pressed for time with your new biz.

Time is and has been the problem C, ever since the biz started in Jan'. It's not ready for shows yet, still needs carpet & headliner and , and, and.

There's a member resto thread " The Humble Bee" also with more pics and history.

Friend has a body shop on main drag and offered to sell it from his lot when I get back home middle of Aug'.

I have to get this out of the garage before I can start any " construction ". I would prefer to see it go to a FABO member. Am open to a reasonable offer.

Check original post and Mem' Resto' thread " The Humble Bee ".

Remember.......comes with complete 8.75/3.23 SG.

Moved the sand blast set-up and air compressor into garage today. The Dart has to go in order to get spray booth set up. My idea of a reasonable offer is getting lower by the hour.

Am also listing 8.75 3.23 SG separate.

Still for sale. The gun shop business has picked up to the point I will never complete the resto and my wife really, really wants her garage spot this coming winter.

I have to get the Dart outta here.

Over $14,000 invested to date. First $3,500 takes it.

Recap: Less than 1,000 miles on rebuilt engine and trans'.

New: gas tank, fuel lines, brake systen ( dual master cyl' ), tires ( less than 1,000 miles ).

That's a short recap; check member resto's "Humble Bee " for complete history.

$3,500 or it gets donated and deduction taken on taxes, that's the break even line.

The gun business is really busy right now for some reason so I won't be checking out this thread. If there's a question PLZ PM me ONLY.

If interested, PM ONLY..........we can exchange e-mail addys and go from there.

THX FABO.....it's been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back