65 Dart parts availability

-

bren5666

Reaction score
Hello everyone; I'm a new user looking to purchase a 65 Dart. The car has some front and driver's side damage and I was wondering how the parts availability was for it? It will need a front fender, grill, and headlight assembly. I did a quick check on Ebay but didn't come up with much, which has me a bit concerned.

Parts are out there if you're willing to spend some time looking. Here's my guesses:

Front fender: 175
Valance 90
Grill 50
Headlight ring 50
Candy Cane molding new from Laysons 200 per side
Hood molding used 75
Not sure what a bumper would cost.

These are just guesses based on looking for parts for my car. You might do better on some items if you get lucky. Fenders might be more expensive in Ohio due to rust.

Thanks, my main concern was availability of the parts. If I can find them, I'll find a way to pay.

My experience has been that 65 stuff is a little tough to come by , but it is out there.
There is some fiberglass stuff out there too , and some vendors to be avoided.
I got my candy canes from Laysons , and while they were pricey , they are perfect.
I ordered a glass hood from Showcars in Toronto ..... it took them 16 months to deliver , but they did.
It is a decent piece , but I had figured that my money was gone ( I called them every month to month and a half to see what was going on and got a laundry list of stories. ) and bought one from a private party a week before they called me with a tracking number.
Now I have two of them........oh well.
I see more stuff for 62 to 64 and 66 and later than for the 65's........more cars too.
But patience and the internet can provide.

Just keep an eye out on hear and Ebay. Craigslist can be a great source to. I have not had much of a problem finding stuff for my two 65's. There are a lot of one year only parts on the 65's but they are worth it!

Welcome to FABO!You can find many parts you need for a 65 Dart right here.Just put an ad up for parts wanted.Best way for payment of parts is PayPal(JMO)Good luck with your search.

PS I have a clean 65 Dart grill I will sell you..$50

You can find the parts if you don't mind searching. I bought a front fender and a door from a guy in Washington and Arizona. Had them ship them East on Greyhound. A lot cheeper than UPS or FedEx for big items.

-
Back