65 Dart Power Steering vs Manual Steering Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 38666
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 38666

Fellow Fabos, I am switching my 65 Dart from power steering to manual steering due to an engine swap. Can anyone help me on the question of whether the steering shaft are the same size and spline count on the power steering gear box versus the manual steering gear box, as well the same question applies on the pitman arm shaft? Any advise on this swap will also be welcomed. Thank you. Old Dart 66

You would need the manual steering, steering column but when you find one you can swap the inner (longer) shaft into your current power steering outer shell cuz its color matches your interior. pretty much just the snap ring secures it at the top & as said you would need the MS coupler thats on the end of it to mate to your MS box. I ain't sure about a pitman swap needed or not but a quick call to your parts house would tell you if there is the same part # for both apps or not which would ans that Q.

You would need the manual steering, steering column but when you find one you can swap the inner (longer) shaft into your current power steering outer shell cuz its color matches your interior. pretty much just the snap ring secures it at the top & as said you would need the MS coupler thats on the end of it to mate to your MS box. I ain't sure about a pitman swap needed or not but a quick call to your parts house would tell you if there is the same part # for both apps or not which would ans that Q.
RR, Thank you for taking your time to help me out. I knew a Rapid Robert up in Madelia, Mn. Long time ago. Thanks again. All this information from great people helps the process along. Old Dart 66

-
Back