65 dart rising from the dead!???

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add this to the " show your 65 dart" thread but being puter handicapped I didn't get the pics to go.
took down to bare metal, epoxy prime, and will finish the urethane primer in few minutes. priming outside, my just topcoated 65 cuda is under shed.
I painted my cars "some" back in 80's but had problem with paint allergy. seems this calif stuff doesn't bother me too much. better respuirators now days to probably.
I just want to show the young guns and maybe the virgin old guns, painting airn' t rocket science. yea I will get a run, I will fix it and go on. some dust, maybe little. yea I don't own a $10,000 spray booth!!! LOL anyone can get setup, read the instructions, practice and experiement with the setting and do a passable job. want a show job, pay the pro body man his $5000 and up bill!????????????
using my first HVLP gravity gun. love it. its a paint miser!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1224.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_1223.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_1222.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 162
It can be done outside! I painted both of these cars under a carport. Bugs were the biggest issue when the west texas wind wasn't howling.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

w. tx wind doesn't help!!! they make a " dairy spray". I fog with it. even though its made to use in an enclosed building, it hepls a bunch even in open shed. your cars looked like they turned out nice!
hey MGUNER, what are those cool wheels on that 68 dart???????

It can be done outside! I painted both of these cars under a carport. Bugs were the biggest issue when the west texas wind wasn't howling.
vbpgimage.php
vbpgimage.php
So, on which 2 days did you paint?!?!?!

I epoxyed and urothane primed the trunk lid, fenders, doors, hood, other day. yesterday, I took rest down to bare metal and primed rest today, ( sat), I spent quite a while yesterday taking off the roof and top of qyr trim. ( not fun). this past spring i cut out the rust at rear qtrs and fabed patch panels for those. I piddles with the mechanicals on it last winter, got it runnin but NO reverse. ( people laugh at me when I have to push it to get it headed forward again) wonder why!??? LOL dainged people shouldn't ever park in front of me!?????????? right!!????

I may spray my truck with an HF HVLP sprayer outfit. it CANT look worse than it does now! spray it in the front driveway, wetting the floor so paint fog doesnt adhere and I dont kick up dirt.
I looked at a car with no reverse. Guy parked a car right behind it before the test drive and made sure I had a pull in parking stall when I got back. He never told me there was a reverse issue but I found out when I tested it of course, then he mentioned it..

the guy that runs the local country garage, ( bout my age), ( old), drove a mopar something decades ago when he was in the service out in c alif. said he drove it 2 years there with NO reverse!! LOL yea, people were tough back then!!! LOL
hope to get it rebuilt by next spring. and to the fabo member that told me to attempt a tranny rebuild on the kitchen table>>>>>> NOooooo!

-
Back