'65 Dodge A100 MONSTER truck build!

-
Don't let me be the one to discourage you on your builds! I simply was looking to do something not seen or done to something so innocently cute. the "A100" so. what better way to make it a mean looking SOB? through it in the air, 4X4 it, and then to make things worse? ADD A quad-track set up to it.......

Not the greatest for a monster truck, for competition, BUT be one hell-of-a MUD truck or "BOG-competition truck no less! :D

You'll have to post pics of your builds BOTH of them, remember, I have THREE of the LRW kits, one seen here, one I'm making a "stock" A100 and the 3rd one is gonna be the actual Little Red Wagon, as it was meant to be! :D

Your builds will give me the inspiration to work on the 3rd one when I'm at that point!

Thanks tho, this one has really been a fun build, BUT, I've stopped for a bit on it as I've engaged into a competition on model building for the month of December so.....I had to put my current builds aside for a short time to complete the contest builds!

Which one of them is my Hemi powered Sleigh, and the other is a stock version of the A100.......One is done, and the other is almost done!

Oh I was just making fun of myself for complaining about my SMALL amount of work LOL. I will post them when they're a little farther along. I have to paint the body on the white one, and the red one that will be the older version can remain the red (it's an older kit when they still molded in color). The fun thing about the LRW is that there were SO many variations of the truck, you'd need 50 kits to build them all, so mine are just sort of a mix of the different ones I have found.

How far along are you on yours tho????? I mean as the LRW? Whats your plans for the engine and all????

I'm still "up-in-the-air" with that part on mine, AS I'm not really all that far on the LRW as it was for the race team yet..... I'm still pondering the whole engine set up as the 426 Hemi that comes with the kit is no where like the real 426 Hemi, the valve covers resemble a 392 at best BUT even then are questionable to the real thing as a model.....BUT, the part of that, I have the means to make right is that I mold my own parts so... with that said, I'm pretty unlimited on how thats gonna be!

IF you need parts for the engine to make it more of the 426 as it should be, let me know! I can help you with the needed parts to do so!

I have 3 of the Revell Hemi Dart kits, and I only need one of the Hemis because the others I'm building as replicas of my real GTS. I'm building the LRW kit Hemi for it now, but later I'll swap in one of the Dart Hemis. Yeah, it's not only inaccurate, but the fit on it is terrible. The worst fit on a model engine I've ever seen. Gaps everywhere, lack of detail, the whole list of issues. I love kits that come with multiple complete engines... so handy!

Sorry DD.....Its coming! :D I'm a terrible tease with this one!

72Dodge,
YES, multi engine kits are so much FUN to have around as this will give you a choice for engines for OTHER builds. I'm terrible for taking the leftovers, and making my own molds of the parts, JUST for the occasion that I may not have the engine right then and there, plus used the parts that I mold whenever, for trading purposes!

So then you all have been wondering, I haven't worked on this one to much BUT, over the weekend, and a little tonight, I got some done to this ole stand-by....

The frame now is painted black, and some of the intake duct work, is also on its way to being completed....Heres just a look....

65A100Doomzday098.jpg

Simple, the underframe got its flat black "undercoating" as spoken about!

65A100Doomzday096.jpg

65A100Doomzday097.jpg

The last 2 pictures show the drivers side duct work "Pre-Filter" in place, it HAD to be in place for the duct work "top" to be set in place! THIS will allow me to design the lower top portion of this duct....I still need to do some "angle" work to get this side done. I have yet to make the needed "see-thru" screen for the other passenger side of the interior!

Short update, but since the absence, I thought something was better then nothing!

More to come!

-bringing this back to top..... I'm going to be getting back into this one...... I am getting things together that I've collected since I've last worked on it, as this build being as intense as it is, requires a lot of modeling details, special items and things, well I was just not happy with from the kit stock itself, SO needless to say, I had to go on a hunt for more for it.

PLUS, honestly, I had to make up my mind on different details I had a choice on or details I had to make and how I was going to go about it........

Stay tuned, MORE to come.....

-Yeah. you said it, I actually have been "itchin" to get back at it on this one, as its grown to a full-blown Competition team, transport truck, trailer, Monster Truck and quarter mile car....... BUT, the rest is behind this one, As I have to get the frame together on this to make the transport trailer wide enough to hold this truck on it, BUT that in itself is gonna be a fun build, BUT the width of this truck, is gonna "set the stage" for it..... The "tractor" to pull this around is gonna be a Dodge L-700!!!!! :D

-
Back