65 Dodge Dart GT wheel space

-

Devster

Reaction score
I have a dodge dart GT with original 13 in. wheels. Would really like to put on a new set of wheels. Would like to fit a set of 16's or 17's under the wheel wells. It also has the 5x4 bolt pattern so I am looking at placing a 1 inch spacer with 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Please, any information would help.

Spacers are expensive and not very safe. Wonder if you could even find 5x4" spacers. You can buy new 17" alloy wheels w/ 5x4" pattern for <$200 ea. Several recent posts give PN's and links. I am more a bottom-feeder and am happy w/ nice sets of 5x4" wheels from others who change, but 15"D is about the biggest classics you would find. Also consider future disk brakes since some choices require 5x4.5" pattern.

IF ITS as same size wheel well as a65 barracuda mine are p295 14X60r or 14 inch rims 24 inch tire 9.5 inches wide
they are the biggest tires I can put on without air shocks or lifting but work real nice with my motor and tranny combo.
custom cut American race wheels tho , they didn't have sbp back then .
100_2394.JPG
100_2396.JPG
100_2396.JPG

There's nothing wrong with using the right spacers, and they do make 5x4 to 5x4.5" spacers

1964 |1965 |1966 DODGE| 5 X 4 TO 5 X 4.5 | 1.0 INCH| WHEEL SPACERS| ADAPTERS

I have used billet spacers on several cars, including a Dakota that ran 33"x10.50" tires. As long as they are torqued properly and checked for tightness at the appropriate intervals you won't have any issues with them. A spacer like that is stronger than the wheel it's bolted to, and just as strong as the aluminum hubs you will find used on many aftermarket disk brakes.

-
Back