65 formula S barracuda

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
1 of our members has a 65 formula S barracuda no formula s badges on fender only v8 I don't understand this

tag not in door did all formula S have a hurst shifter from factory or did hurst put them in 273 camando, this is a 2 barrel car he claims ? , it is posi
he said it will spinm thru 4 gears, factory car never molested that he knows of said he"s had it 20 years been in garage 3/4 of the time 40 k original miles no pics haven't seen yet regular points distrib hurst 4 speed no tach in dash I luv my early A barracuda"s but something doesn't seem right here can any1 help me on this is this a rare order
4 speed car or whats right with this picture ?? I told him dig out build sheet and try to give me fenderwell tag #s can you explain this car from info ive given??? please share

Yes, a 4-speed was optional in the Barracuda on non-S models, 65's all had Hurst shifters I believe, 66 had inland style....sure grip was also available on any Barracuda/Valiant :glasses7:

kewl kieth thanks for feedback he"s gonna get me a vin # for some 1 to decode for him he"s in Oregon in bad shape with lung probs and sucking on an oxegen bottle right now I hope he gets better soon he asked me not to mention a name doesn't want attn. or sympathy but he is a gr8 guy , he was hoping for something rare I was just hoping it wasn't chopped in any 1 with some formula s emblems reasonable can be pitted but nice drivers I would like to purchase them for him
please send me a price and shipping I don't need a picture just an honest good faith set for him nothing special or show please pm me if you have a fair set to sell good info keith I woulda thought at least a commando emblem if he can turn em thru 4 gears after 50 years all info or stories welcome , he"ll love to here them we all do

Any Barracuda precious, anymore. Nice idea to help,Winston.

A 273 two bbl car was never a Formula S car. It might have a hurst 4 speed and sure grip rear and even a tach and rear valence cut-out, but that still doesn't make it a Formula S. It has the have the entire package including the badges. A commando car had the upgraded suspension and 235 hp engine, but it still wasn't the Formula S. Still, any 65 Barracuda is a nice car to me. Good luck with it Winston.

Sounds like it is not an S with a 2bbl and missing the other pieces of an S package. Still good to save a V8 car though. Another note the 65 S had a badge all its own. The retaining pins are opposite of 66 and up so the holes would be opposite in the fender.

If you get the fender tag info look under the letter line. The first 3 digits should be
A B C
3 1 2 This would make it a Formula "S". The 31 is for the Commando 273, and the 2 is the Formula S package.

-
Back