-
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunmetal1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I currently have a 670 Street Avenger on my car (340 challenger, 727 tranny 410 gears) and am looking to change it out to a double pumper. I can buy a new carb but that will cost a fortune, I've never rebuilt one and am looking for a good core to start with. I just installed my first transmission and it's got me wanting to do more by myself. I've got a friend who will help me with the rebuild. I want something that I made not store bought. 650 or 750 cfm.
Anyone got anything thats not being used that can help teach and old dog new tricks?

I've got a Strange Spool for a 8 3/4 489 case I'd be willing to deal with. 32 spline I think.

I'm getting the same response on other posts as well, nothing.... I'm not looking for something free just a good clean inexpensive start part....

Anybody, anything?

I currently have a 670 Street Avenger on my car (340 challenger, 727 tranny 410 gears) and am looking to change it out to a double pumper. I can buy a new carb but that will cost a fortune, I've never rebuilt one and am looking for a good core to start with. I just installed my first transmission and it's got me wanting to do more by myself. I've got a friend who will help me with the rebuild. I want something that I made not store bought. 650 or 750 cfm.
Anyone got anything thats not being used that can help teach and old dog new tricks?

I've got a Strange Spool for a 8 3/4 489 case I'd be willing to deal with. 32 spline I think.

Someone out there correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the old double pumpers 650/750 were wet flowed and that by today's standard they fall short of the advertised cfm, the newer carbs like the Avenger are close to actual flow numbers. So what I'm saying is that the 750 DP might only flow as much as your 670 Avenger so the only advantage is the mechanical secondary. Incidentally, I have heard that the Avenger will get 5 miles more to the gallon than a traditional Holley carb, If you plan on getting rid of it I could be interested??

I like the 650-750 Holley its all in the tuning how well they work. Someone will help ya out ,have you look in the for sale areassssss

I can find carbs all day long at about $200, I'm looking to build something that I can say "I did it" with. Surely someone has one laying around that they don't want anymore ($50 to $100 depending on shape). Plans are to put a Proform body and a billet metering plate and some billet blocks.

Going this way will help me better understand what happens when I turn the key, I like the feeling of building it on my own......

i've got a couple holley double pumpers that i might part with. one is partially dismantled but all there ($50), the other intact ($100). only problem is i live north of 49th, in the northwest. shipping might be a beeatch. let me know if interested. btw, they are both off a 64 vette 327.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back