66’ 904 trans questions

-

Marcus V.

Marcus and Justin V. Father and son
Reaction score
Hello, I recently got our engine from the machine shop, 65’, 273. The crank was not useable. I had a crank from a 85’ 318, that was already turned and ready for use on the shelf. My question is this, can I still use the 65’ 904 trans with the newer converter. I understand the register in the 85’ crank is bigger, just wanting to know if this converter will work?
Thanks, Marcus and Justin

No, the later convertor will not work with the early transmission, the input shaft size and splines are different- you need to use the '65 convertor with the '65 transmission.
You just need the adapter bushing in the late model crank register in order to work with the '65 convertor, and the later model flex plate.
Member @Charrlie_S used to make them. May also still be available from Pat Blais Transmissions (EBay seller tflite pattie).

No, the later convertor will not work with the early transmission, the input shaft size and splines are different- you need to use the '65 convertor with the '65 transmission.
You just need the adapter bushing in the late model crank register in order to work with the '65 convertor, and the later model flex plate.
Member @Charrlie_S used to make them. May also still be available from Pat Blais Transmissions (EBay seller tflite pattie).
Thanks for the response, we really appreciate it. Have a good one, Marcus and Justin

-
Back