66 Barracuda Disk Swap

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
I have bought these
IM000966.jpg

They are disk brakes from a 66 cuda, to replace my 10 inch drums comes with upper A,s Spindels, Calipers, Pads, Rotors and wheel nuts. What else am i going to need to complete the swap?

Gotta make the car stop since the 360 is almost ready to drop in!

IM000966.jpg

IM000966.jpg

I would recommend switching to a dual circuit master cylinder. I think you're also going to need some type of proportioning valve.

That master cylinder will work but pricey aint it ? A rebuilt OEM will be fine and less expensive. As for proportioning valve, OEM is fine also.
If you plan to split your lower ball joints and reuse you'll need new boots for those.

if that set up is from a 66 cuda ,,they are the same upper A arms that you have,,use which ever have the better bushings,
also if your running rear drums,,get a dual master rebuilt works fine,,no poportioning valve needed if you use and adjustable one on the rear lines,,
i have disc up front drum rear on my 66 dual master,,adjustable valve on the rear,,,works great,,do your self a favor,,, install all new lines and hoses,

OK I plan to go to the parts store tomorrow to get the master, and the adjustable valve.

What should I ask for? something for a 73 dart or what ever?

Example:

I wanted to go to a gear reduction starter, so I asked for a starter for an 89 dakota this got me what I need, lots of parts store computers dont really catalogue parts older than say '75 . Know what I mean Vern......

sorry i didnt see your question sooner,,, if your using a manual master cyl ask for one from a 73 and up dart/duster disk/drum manual car get a good rebuilt.
some parts store have different levels of rebuilts,, or order a new one from mancini racing ,,a mopar performance 15/16 bore master cyl
thats what i have and it stops great,,hope this wasnt to late e mail me direct if you need to [email protected]

get a dual master rebuilt works fine,,no poportioning valve needed if you use and adjustable one on the rear lines,,
i have disc up front drum rear on my 66 dual master,,adjustable valve on the rear,,,works great,,do your self a favor,,, install all new lines and hoses,

ill second that! heres the prop valve i used. i mounted it up under the dash above the dimmer switch. from what i have read, you want to adjust these on wet pavement.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...&part=SUM-G3905&N=700+-48578+115&autoview=sku

-
Back