66 Barracuda doors

-

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows if the doors from a 65 Barracuda are the same as the 66 Barracuda. I know some things changed in 66 but I don't know about the body lines.

Thanks

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

I'm pretty sure that 64, 65, and 66 doors are the same, and also fit the Valiant Signet. You should get a few more opinions though as I could be mistaken. Mike

I believe my replacement passengers side door on my 65 Barracuda came from a 66 Barracuda.

i dont remember anything different abou them...

It is my understanding that 63-66 abody doors are all the same. The only difference might be in the glass if it is not off of a Cuda, and they are differenet on convertibles at the wing window.

The arm rests are at an angle in the doors on my 64 Valiant where as my 65 Dart that I had and the 65 cuda that I still have are more level. I realize that doesn't prevent them from going on the car though. I would say that the door will bolt on. I've notived that the two door post wing glass is different than the hardtops. Hope this helps.

Lee

Exterior door lock holes are different. 66s (and up) were the basic round hole whereas the 65s (and earlier) had sort of a rounded shape on the botton and a much larger rounded shape on top. Locks were also different to accomodate these different openings.

That is one of the reasons that I bought my 66 Valiant. All the body parts were 66 only which tends to make them unique. Earlier doors may bolt up but they won't match the body lines. Good luck with your Cuda, that has been my ultimate dream car since 1966 (Formula S with the biggest small block I can screw together).

-
Back