66 Barracuda fender-mount turn indicator - screws?

-

abgwin

Reaction score
Finally got a right side turn signal indicator housing to go with the left one I found at a swap meet. It even came with the lens and retainer plate!

Unfortunately, it doesn't have either the screw to hold the lens retainer plate into the housing or the screw to hold the complete assembly to the fender.

Can anyone tell me what size I'm looking for? Or if they are even standard screws, or in fact specific Mopar parts engineered solely for this?

Much obliged.

I have an extra original screw for the lens to metal plate/bezel attachment. PM me your address and I'll put one in the mail to ya' for free. Unsure of the correct size screw for the top screw...bezel base to fender connection.
Remember, make sure all connections & screws are secured snuggly before testing them. The base screw that secures it to the fender is tightened. It acts as a ground. The signal won't work otherwise.

Put some neverseize on the threads of the lens too. Helps keep the moisture out and when it's bulb replacement time you'll be glad you did!

I've acquired a couple more lenses but they're different than the one I had.

The metal tube - should it be part of the lens like the one shows or is it part of the bulb holder/wire pigtail that I still need?

indicatorlenses.jpg

Oh, and can someone show me what the screw/bolt that holds the entire assembly onto the fender looks like? Even just the dimensions would be helpful.

Yes, that male, metal threaded section should be attached to the lense and the female threaded pigtail holds the bulb in place.

-
Back