-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
Does anyone know if the cardboard cover for the tail panel is being reproduced? This is a panel that goes on the inside of the trunk on the rear panel and covers all the way across from taillight to taillight. I have the plastic latch cover in good shape, but, that cardboard panel is getting pretty ratty.

Is it cardboard? If I remember correctly, the one in my Barracuda was more like a Masonite material but with a textured finish.

Nope, this is a black cardboard type material. The spare cover is sort of Masonite/hardboard, but this panel isn't.

Call Dave over at Layson’s. He has them.
All the ones I’ve had in 65-66 were a darker tan or brown.

When you find one could you post a pic? I don’t think my car has any mounting holes for one, interesting

Here it is installed
IMG_20211114_094351075.jpg

I believe so. It was on there when I got my car 35 years ago. My original got water logged from a bad truck seal, so bought this one to replace it.

The second and matching piece covers the holes on the inside of the trunk lid there to install the nuts for the word “Plymouth”

Except it's made of a different material. Much thicker and more like the spare cover material.

I bought the trunk lid cover at a salvage yard, restored it to new condition only to find out my trunk lid had no mounting holes,so was wondering about mounting holes for the lower piece

I have an original one atriums here someplace, not in the best condition, but it’s complete. I’m not sure every car had them, they’re pretty rare to see.

Looks like another fragile part I'd have my local fabricator (Custom Kitchen Equipment) make from food-grade stainless steel (like my glove box liner).

stainless glove box.JPG

I will need to check my 66 also. I dont think there are holes for mounting those in mine. I purchased mine in 1984 with 28000 miles and there was no covers like that.

RM-CU360....$29.00....1964-1966 Barracuda

Trunk Interior Panel. SHIPS OVERSIZED. Panel between the taillights on the inside section of the trunk panel - full length.

In stock and ready to ship

I check my 66 Barracuda and it does not have any holes either place. My son's 66 has the holes in the trunk lid as pictured. But no holes in the area around the latch. I wonder what Barracuda did get these parts.
Added better pictures
View attachment 1715820539

20211115_101854.jpg

20211115_150412.jpg

20211115_150357.jpg

Last edited:
I check my 66 Barracuda and it does not have any holes either place. My son's 66 has the holes in the trunk lid as pictured. But no holes in the area around the latch. I wonder what Barracuda did get these parts.

View attachment 1715820539

View attachment 1715820540

I have that piece that goes on the trunk over the holes....just found it last night cleaning up the shop. Pete restored it many years ago to put in his 66...he went to install it and there were no holes so he never put it on.

RM-CU360....$29.00....1964-1966 Barracuda

Trunk Interior Panel. SHIPS OVERSIZED. Panel between the taillights on the inside section of the trunk panel - full length.

In stock and ready to ship
Thanks Rick, I'll be ordering it soon along with some convertible top items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back