66 B'cuda conversion

-

dart_man440

Mopar 4 Life
Reaction score
Well, we almost there, just need some information about the driveshaft, we’ll be keeping the 7 1/4 but the tranny is a 904 behind the 318. I noticed that the driveshaft is too long, what length should it be and how do you go about measuring it? Thanks for all the help guys,

seems you would shove the yoke in all the way, pull it out maybe 1 1/2" and then measure center to center of the u joint bearing cap. i may be wrong though.

push it all the way in, measure center to center on the u joint caps, then subtract an inch.

Thank you for the responses. I assume that the weight of the vehicle needs to be on the suspension?

hi. i put a 1977 360/904 into a 64 dart with a 7.25 rear and after doing some measuring and scouring ebay, found that a driveshaft from a 70 coronet was the right length to be a direct fit! i believe is was like, 51.25" long and my measured requirement was 51.5" so the extra 1/4" was no big deal. don't know what tranny it was behind but it came with the trans yoke attached and it fit right into the 904. completely easy swap and it eliminates the old ball & trunion joint on the oem driveshaft. also uses the same u-joints as your early A.
-tim

-
Back