66 bucket seat ?

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of bucket seats that came in a 65 barracuda. They were installed
In opposite sides of car for some unknown reason. The tracks do not seam to fit the holes in the floor pan of the 65. My question is are these tracks for a 66 A body, or some other car ? The tracks seem to follow the contour of the floor , just no stud holes or bracing . Thanks for any help
20220227_142612.jpg
20220227_142459.jpg

The tracks are installed wrong, probably mixed and matched all the pieces since each of the 4 tracks are 2 pieces.

where are the levers to adjust front and back?

The tracks are installed wrong, probably mixed and matched all the pieces since each of the 4 tracks are 2 pieces.
That's all there was in the car. I'll check them over Thanks for the I D guys.
where are the levers to adjust front and back?

Yep, they’re 66 seats. The tracks are 66 only, the seats themselves are 66 and 67
Another question, after seeing these in this picture, the seat backs look taller on one side Or is that illusion ? In this picture I have the slider adjusters on the outter sides like you would mount them in a car. Never noticed the seat backs being tapered.

I dont ever recall seeing height adjustable tracks before?? Pretty cool and $$$ in my opinion. I wonder if that is what made them 1 year only? And why quit making them?

I dont ever recall seeing height adjustable tracks before?? Pretty cool and $$$ in my opinion. I wonder if that is what made them 1 year only? And why quit making them?
Unfortunately these don't adjust the height anymore . the are bolted solid. I'll have to look them over better.

My 66 Dart has them. Pretty simple and slick.

Another question, after seeing these in this picture, the seat backs look taller on one side Or is that illusion ? In this picture I have the slider adjusters on the outter sides like you would mount them in a car. Never noticed the seat backs being tapered.

yea, somethings not right there. Either the picture, or they’ve been recovered and messed up or something. They shouldn’t be like that!

And, the riser bracket isn’t meant to raise the seat per se, only to tip it back or forward a little. Just loosen the bolts up a little and they will slide in the slot some.

Those are height adjustable tracks.

66 B body had them 67 did not.

They do look like the side closes to the camera is on backwards.

-
Back