66 coronet or 67 belvedere

-

freshayr

Reaction score
OK guys, I need your mopar wisdom here. I have been looking for my next project. I would like to do a hemi clone something. I have a line on 2 cars. One is a 66 coronet with an original 318. Very solid orignal car. The second is a 67 belvedere. Again, very orignal with 383 and 727. The 67 would need more body work but they both are good solid starts. both would be a complete resto for me. Which way should I go?
Thanks

i would say if they were both starting on equal footing (318's) then it would be a body preference. seeing as the 67 already has a 383 in it i think i would take that car. good engine to work with right out of the hole. if you are going to do it make it a gtx clone. just my 2 cents...got any pics?

I plan on doing a hemi so the motor really doesn't matter.....other than what i could sell it for. The 383 would probably be worth something and the 318 nill.

I had a '67 Belvedere II and had a very hard time finding a taillight lense for it. I was able to find '66 lenses, but the '67 was year specific. Finally had to buy a used one out of Hemmings for big bucks. I don't know if the '66 Coronet parts would be any easier to come by, but they were for me a few years ago. All that being said, I'd get the Belvedere, lol!

freshayr said:
OK guys, I need your mopar wisdom here. I have been looking for my next project. I would like to do a hemi clone something. I have a line on 2 cars. One is a 66 coronet with an original 318. Very solid orignal car. The second is a 67 belvedere. Again, very orignal with 383 and 727. The 67 would need more body work but they both are good solid starts. both would be a complete resto for me. Which way should I go?
Thanks

How bout a 67 GTX, big block not sure but maybe 440, 727, nice body, nice interior. A friend of mine said the other night he was thinking about moving that one out. He also has the 4 speed setup for it that it originally came with.

GTGrinly said:
How bout a 67 GTX, big block not sure but maybe 440, 727, nice body, nice interior. A friend of mine said the other night he was thinking about moving that one out. He also has the 4 speed setup for it that it originally came with.

Is that the blue one that sits at a little car dealer on 11/15 heading toward Lewisburg?

My vote is for the 67 Belvedere because i personally don't care much for the 66 Coronet's.

-
Back