66 Cuda brakes/master cyl

-

6789cudas

Reaction score
I want to use a 73 drum brake M/C on a 66 cuda Drums all the way around.
Is the only complication the 2 bolt to four bolt mounting?
or is the rod too long? or short?
Please help
I'm:
foggy on swap!

I have a '74 Charger master cylinder on my '66 Valiant. No problems with the mounting bolts or the pushrod. Should work fine if you use a tee to connect the front brake hard lines (2) to the line from the master cylinder. The rear line should hook up with a straight union. Hope this helps.

I have a '74 Charger master cylinder on my '66 Valiant. No problems with the mounting bolts or the pushrod. Should work fine if you use a tee to connect the front brake hard lines (2) to the line from the master cylinder. The rear line should hook up with a straight union. Hope this helps.

Yup this is correct, I just went through it with my 65 Cuda. The only time you need the 2 to 4 bolt adaptor is when you go to a new style alulinum master. I went with the new 2 bolt master with a mopar performance 15/16 bore. I got the adaptor and push rod & misc parts from : http://www.reillymotorsports.com/
Excellent place to deal with.

Thanks I'll try it
Ken

-
Back