66 Cuda rear quarter window help

-

yooper822

Joe Roberts
Reaction score
As the title says. I need some advice. My rear quarter window regulators are froze and I have not figured out how to remove them in their current state. I have good replacements so if I need to destroy them to get them removed so be it. Basically any advice on how to get them out would be helpful at this point.
joe

I was just looking at the 1966 Plymouth service manual and I think I need to remove all the channels and guides first, then the regulator comes out last? Reverse for installation. Can someone who has done this before verify that for me?

My rear drivers door is locked up as well. I'm interested in seeing what people have to say about this too. Maybe a good soak with WD-40 :p

what have you soaked the regulators in? pb blaster? acetone/tranny fluid?

scrape the old dried grease away-- & soak them.

a door will have other issues than a regulator-- but both need penetrating lube not WD 40

LAwrence

These things are a major pain in the *** to remove, install and re-align. Soak them in the car if possible.

If you have tried to force the crank, good chance the the regulator has bent. This can be straightened (sometimes) but will require removal.

Mine will not be freed by lubing in any way shape or form. The L side regulator is froze solid where as the R regulator has bent. Even under the best conditions it looks like all the guides need to be removed before the regulator can be removed. The alignment process in the manual doesn't look hard but following some of the terminology is like reading a different language.

picture: remove guides first

Attachments

• 09-18-2012-10 left quarter parts.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 99
What I did was remove the glass 2 bolts holding it in. Then there is a track at the front with a large nut. Then 3 or 4 holding the crank. Lastly 1 towards the back. I found it was easiest with the seats out. The back bolts is hard to get at with the seats in.

-
Back