66 dart 270

-

Mlepley

Reaction score
I have a 1966 Dodge Dart 270, with a 225 slant 6 and 3spd torqueflite automatic. A lot of the problems are body work and a few minor problems with electrical system. I was just wondering how many parts are (if at all) are interchangeable between 66-67. Stuff being like floor pans, trunk pans dash parts, and small stuff. I know fenders, quarter panels and stuff like that aren't. But what can be interchanged?

you will find that with floor pans, probably 60-66 a re same. 64 and 65 cars are pretty much the same car. 67 cars fall into a group of 67-9 in general. some things like torsion bar mount frame is same 60-76 for example.
quality stamped sheetmetal for these early A cars. before 67, is not good. be prepared for hand stamped light gauge metal and poor fit. even the higherst quality nd priced sheetmetal CAN require a lot of fitment work some panels will fit pretty good and some not! nothin is cheap or easy! hA

you will find that with floor pans, probably 60-66 a re same. 64 and 65 cars are pretty much the same car. 67 cars fall into a group of 67-9 in general. some things like torsion bar mount frame is same 60-76 for example.
quality stamped sheetmetal for these early A cars. before 67, is not good. be prepared for hand stamped light gauge metal and poor fit. even the higherst quality nd priced sheetmetal CAN require a lot of fitment work some panels will fit pretty good and some not! nothin is cheap or easy! hA
Thanks for the insight. I love the 66 body style. But parts are tough to find. Just seems like no major parts company like year one or classic industries cares about anything pre-1967. Which is sad, 66 and earlier didn't have that refined muscle noteriety. But defiantly had class to it.

Thanks for the insight. I love the 66 body style. But parts are tough to find. Just seems like no major parts company like year one or classic industries cares about anything pre-1967. Which is sad, 66 and earlier didn't have that refined muscle noteriety. But defiantly had class to it.

try AMD or autobodyspecialties for floor and trunk pans, shermans has some pre-67 sheetmetal also.
dash is 1 year only but if you can get the complete metal dash,cluster, accesories and electrical harness from an earlier year you can do a complete swap out to the earlier years from the bulkhead harness connector and up.

I did a 66 convertible(still finishing it up.)
my build is driver quality, with modern comfort, LED tail light, power windows, custom speakers and more.
66 dart convertible
but I did use the complete rear floor pan from a 73 dart . that included the part under the front seat (mounting of the seats are different. I put in flat sheet metal to mount my 96 Sebring front and rear seats) suprisingly enough the spot welds from the 66 and 73 were almost a duplicate. the seat belt holes and holes that got plastic plugs were different but the spot welds went right back in place. the front seat pans were wider on the 73 that the 66's though. the 67-up rear trunk extensions can be made to work for the 66's but do need work to fit well. front inner sheet metal like inner fenders and firewall will not fit at all.

Take your time and search around. 66Dvert suggested a few places to try. As far as I know AMD doesn't offer anything yet. I am still hopeful they will produce a few needed parts. I believe my lower 1/4 patches were Sherman and the trunk floor extensions came from a member here that was scrapping out a Arizona car. Here's a link to Autobody Specialties.
1963-1966 - all - www.autobodyspecialt.com
tmm

014 (3).JPG

-
Back