66 DART Convertible

-
Swapped out the old 2 barrel for a 4 barrel .

20240413_122128 (1).jpg

20240413_152322.jpg

replacement left fender installed . new front bumper is on the way . ... gearing up to replace the rusted out rear rocker panels .

Great progress!!! I have a 66 Valiant and so have lower rear quarter rust. I envy the works you’ve done, looks awesome! Where did you get those inner panels?

Inners are laysons . And look great, …bumper was from classic car chrome plating , the triple dip is so deep way better than my rear

Last edited:
I really envy the body guys on here , i get overwhelmed with the amount of time involved ,and my skill set . body work is worst fear ... hence the still primer 55

Evans FJ 55PB0060044.jpg

Bodywork is long and slow .. finally have it stripped down to send to the media blaster

20240713_110402.jpg

20240713_110409.jpg

20240713_110419.jpg

I tried to weld my front bench seat and it still fell apart, sending good thoughts! There are parts and pieces of springs and seat metal available for general upholstery and I thought about using those, but ultimately got newer seats. Here is something I had bookmarked. Good luck! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJYRYYZ?tag=fabo03-20

Where was this car long term prior to you finding it. Your ZIP Code? looks like Utah. I thought that area really pampered old iron. Convertibles have their own issues anywhere.
Great job and I wish I could sew. I bought one years ago and can hardly thread the damn thing!!!

Well the sickness is slowly taking over . found a ( parts car) . in about the same shape as my driver was when i found it

dart 2 # 2.jpg

dart 2 # 7.jpg

runs and drives , 273 bbl , column shift , a 270 model .... no brakes ,, the glove box tag says dart 270 and next to it on the right door it says valiant two hundred ??

dart 2#8.jpg

Big thanks , to Laysons for having reproduced these .
You are lucky. THey didn't have them done a few years back when I had mine done. I bought pieces from Desert Valley

So nice to have a starting point where you can view everything that’s good bad and the ugly to me. It’s like a shiny new penny.

Looks to be in great shape!

-
Back