66 dart: engine swap or turbo /6?

-

66dartbro

Reaction score
So I picked up a 66 Dart 270 a few weeks ago with a 225 /6 and I have a 318 I was going to put in it. Looking under the hood now I'm starting to wonder if it'd be worth it to use the 318 because it looks like I'd have to move too much around. I'd still like to get some performance out of the car either way so I'm also considering turbos for the 6. Any one have some experience or input on this?

so I'm also considering turbos for the 6. Any one have some experience or input on this?

For turbo slant info, check around here:
http://slantsix.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=54c5b834feca1653854e6360d6fd9fa3

For small block swap, search around on this forum...lots of info on that.
(I'm doing the same thing...small block in one slant 6, and (first) a naturally aspirated build on the slant on the other car, but got an itch to try turbo later if it's not what I'm looking for.)

I was going to use a 340/904 in my 65 wagon but have decided to remain slant, add a 4 speed and go multi-carb - gotta decide on triple Webers or triple SUs (got both)

I am slowly building a hot slant for my 63 2 door Dart. Won't be a V8 power house but it'll be FUN.

i was in the same boat, wasnt having any luck finding a slant close for a reasonable price. so i just picked up a 273 Cheap out of a 66 Baracuda for my little Valiant.

-
Back