66 dart gt

-

Arrow

Reaction score
Hello, need to solve an issue. Rear floor pans for this 66 dart. Can't locate anywhere. Has anyone solved this or have ideas--- for example fiberglass made inserts. This must be a issue with all the darts darting around in the country. Thanks for any help or ideas....

How bad? Picture a must around here, We like pictures!! Welcome to FABO. I am "Doing' a 66 Dart right now.

Hello, and welcome.
I would not use fiberglass, It will provide no structural help, and will not hold up. It will eventually seperarate from the metal it is bonded too. Seen that a lot of times on trunk floors, and floor pans.
If you cannot find factory rear pans, fabbing some will not be a hard job. Then weld them in,
and restore the structural integrity of the floor pans.
I just put new front pans and patched the rears in a 66 dart Gt. It is not a hard job.
Keep us posted, specially with pics.
I used the roof of a 67 Barracuda, and made my own pans, and patches.

barracudadave67

I agree no structural support. I will have to locate a shop that will be willing and able to do. Thanks for reply. Seems like dart parts start with 67 and up. I found very little for this situation. Perhaps sub frame connectors would also give good support.

Hold on. I am looking at my bookmarks. I'm sure someone makes them.

Will a A500 transmission fit in a 66 Dart without major floor pan modifications?

Wondering the same thing myself since I just acquired 2 A500's myself! One for sure in my 47 - the other for the Dart wagon?

Use the search function and search around on here. A few have done it I believe. You have to modify the firewall pinch weld and tunnel as well as the transmission cross member if I remember correctly. A few guys have also installed GM 200 4r's which are smaller cases. There's still modifications you need to do.

Use the search function and search around on here. A few have done it I believe.

Got lots of hits but found only one thread - with no pics or commentary other than 1 post saying it was in his 66 Dart. That thread was actually related to something else.

Seems like the ones referenced are for later A’s. I’ll keep digging for info on the early A.

The later A's have more room under the hood and I'm sure the transmission tunnels are a bit larger too to accept the 727's. There may be a "How to" thread out there somewhere.

The later A's have more room under the hood and I'm sure the transmission tunnels are a bit larger too to accept the 727's. There may be a "How to" thread out there somewhere.

This is true about more tunnel room on the later A’s. The guy I got the A500’s from used one in his 68 Dart and recently converted to the GM 200 series with an adapter to mate it to his slant. He said he didn’t even bother trying to make it work on his 64 but went right to an 833OD then to a T5!

-
Back