66 dart seats in a 62 lancer

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My seats in my lancer are shot, the best estimate i got for recovering is $800. Which is not in the budget. I found a set of 66 dart seats that were just recovered in blue for cheap on craigslist, not my first choice but thinking about it. Does anyone know If they would fit?

Those 66 seats are much more narrow than the 63-65 seats so I'm guessing with some bracket work, they should fit fine. In fact you might be able to even use your 62 seat brackets. I am using 66 seats in my 65 in order to use a B Body buddy seat AKA as a fold down armrest.

Are we talking bench seat or bucket seats? If it's buckets like Dartman says they are narrow but I used them (66) in my 65 Valiant station wagon.You will need to locate them and make new holes in the floor with reinforcing pads and use the 66 mounts & adjusting stuff. It's gonna be different no matter how or what you use so perhaps a more modern set of seats would fit better and be more comfortable .

Last edited:
Let s know how it turns out. I have a 62 Lancer that has a bench that needs it all and I will be changing over to a 3 speed floor shift and shifter out of a Duster, so the bucket idea is what I am also thinking.

I went junkyard hopping this weekend looking for seats but couldn't find any blue buckets. Every newer car is gray or tan, maybe a few black. I looked at thousands of cars. I decided not to go with the 66 seats.

Have you had success with dye? I've never done it.

I sold a bench seat interior from a 66 Valiant that had been recovered to a friend to use in his 64 Valiant convertible .It was a dark blue and he dyed it a tan color to match the new tan top he had put on .It worked out great for him. I dyed the door panels in my 65 Barracuda and that went well too

-
Back