66 Dart-three point/ shoulder restraint?

-

mike240

Reaction score
This is a hardtop car so no B pillar to make it easier.

Has anyone added a retractable three poi t like on new cars? How would I proceed? The car is stripped and on the rotisserie.

If you do a google search there are 3 point kits for hard top early cars.
I searched several years ago when I wanted to do the same. Never did but it's out there.

Wondering where and what kind of hardware is welded in the anchor point on the roofline.

The one I saw was mounted in the metal below the window, rear seat area.Low like convertible cars of the late 80's.

Hmmm

Would like to know and maybe some pic where someone has done it to an early A while I still in metal before blast and prime.

Thanks

I have a convertible and a coupe and would like to know if a three point is possible. The convertible setup would need to be engineered so spinal compression is minimized.

Years ago on a GM B pillar car I welded in a threaded 1” boss. Left it protruding a bit then welded a small plate a top it that plug welded vertically on the pillar. Worked and the wreck showed it held.

Just no pillar this time. Maybe more detailed examination on the roof line to see it can be strengthened and still look good after headliner. Hahaha, just hope someone had already done it!

-
Back