66' Duster with a 340 Hemi? LMAO!

-
Reminds me of the "Motorheads" that see my car,
and they tell me my Grandma/Aunt/Uncle/Parents used to have
a Valiant JUST like that.

When I was at Rhinebeck I got tired of hearing this crap,
and started to ask the people.

Oh your Aunt Milly/Uncle George etc used to have a
1964 Valiant 2 door Hardtop with the 273 from the factory?
One of aprox 5000 cars out of 245,000 Valiants! WOW! :thebirdm:

The response was always uh no it was a slant 6 sedan.:clock:

Oh this is too funny. I got the story about a 440 Hemi yesterday. It was "one of about 500" made, that Chrysler tried to recall. Guess it really tore up the strip when he "un-corked" the factory headers.
My Demon has also been called just about everything, too. One gentleman said to me' "Ok, I know it's not a Duster, cuz of you're license plate (NTADUSTR), but what is it really. The whole time he's looking at the Demon sticker on the fender.......

When I was in High School, guys would talk about their real and imaginary motor swaps. I forget what one wannabe racer said he was working on but I remember asking him if it would fit. He said 'yeah, I'm getting the short block".

I had the reverse happen to me at the local cruise night a few weeks ago. I have no badges on the exterior of my car at all. This early 20, late teen girl and her boyfriend are looking at the car. She looks all around it, asks the boyfriend. He tells her to ask me.

She says, "Is this a Barracuda?" I say I'm impressed, yes it is. What year? She says "65, 66?" I say, I'm impressed again. At least she asked, I was waiting for the boyfriend to say something chevy related, but he didn't.

But they didnt notice my 318 to 340 hemi upgrade!

i got into a argument when i had my 72 twister once a guy told me he had one just like it except,...... it was the duster demon sport package and it was red not brown and it too had the mysterious 383 hemi with the six pack exhaust?! i told him yeah thats cool sounds just about like mine except mine aint full of chit ,......im still trying to figure out the six pack exhaust thingy

It's not the people whom make an -uneducated- guess as to what my car is / has ; it's the ones whom assert that their info is 100% correct and that I'm the misinformed one !

Back in 1989 when I bought my first-of-many Darts , I had to convince some of these mud heads that my Dart was , indeed , originally EV2 Hemi Orange !!
Hell , even many MoPar fans thought I was full of 5h1t ; that Hemi Orange disappeared after 1971 ...

... then I point to the "EV2" on the fender tag !

One of the things in the 'pop culture' that perpetuated the phantom "____ Hemi " was 1973's "Friends of Eddy Coyle" , where the lead bad guy character mentions his 1971 Road Runner has a "... 383 Hemi ... " .
What's worse , is that the movie was made in 1972 !!
I'd expect that kind of Kadiddlehopper statement in a new(er) movie , but one of that vintage has no excuse ! ( lol ) .

I sold cars for a short time and one day a wholesaler ask my used car manager how much he wanted for the GOOLE.We looked at each other and wondered what the heck he was talking about.He said yea the blue GOOLE out back.We walked around to the rear lot and found he was looking at a Pontiac 6000LE.

some peoples' kids i'll tell you what

my buddy said his dad had a 360 big block in his 75 dodge van even told him it was a small block he said nope its a big block haha stupid ***

Not a '66 but a 340 Hemi. Some guys really do have Hemi 340's :)

hemi.jpg

-
Back