Not open for further replies.

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Contact seller
I am throwing this out there to see where I am at. I am looking for nice grill pieces. Driver side and pass. side grill pieces. I may need a flex plate and a fan blade. I know these 2 pieces are bent a little. Not spent a lot of time on this. Never had one of these. My cars are Dusters and Dart Sports but I ran upon this 66 in pieces and going to put it back on the road. Let me know whats out there shipped to zip 41010. I really interested in the grille pieces mostly. Thanks,Bill

how much shipped to 41010. does the flex plate specific to a 66 only.
No, not '66 only, but, it is crank specific. The early cranks have a smaller register where the flex plate meets. I believe it's '67 and earlier that have the small hole in the flex plate, and '68 and newer have the bigger hole. There's not lot of difference, but, you should match them. I assume you have the early forged crank? I'd have to check mine....it might be the later one....I just can't remember. I'd take $10 plus the ride if we have a match. I'll measure the hole in mine tomorrow and let you know what I have.

No, not '66 only, but, it is crank specific. The early cranks have a smaller register where the flex plate meets. I believe it's '67 and earlier that have the small hole in the flex plate, and '68 and newer have the bigger hole. There's not lot of difference, but, you should match them. I assume you have the early forged crank? I'd have to check mine....it might be the later one....I just can't remember. I'd take $10 plus the ride if we have a match. I'll measure the hole in mine tomorrow and let you know what I have.

ok, thanks

As I figured, mine is the '68-up version with the 2 1/8" hole. IIRC, the early plate hole diameter is right around 2" or a hair under. Maybe have 66fs measure his and post a photo so you can compare to what your crank measures.

s6flexplate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back