66 Valiant mounting clip behind harness

-

ndeconte

Reaction score
I posted this in my restoration thread, but thought id have better luck getting some responses here.....

Trying to figure out the original layout for the hood latch cable....

I found this clip that would be behind the wiring harness for the lights that runs from firewall to the radiator support. I'm assuming the hood latch cable was probably wrapped with tape to this clip.

Any thoughts?

Looking at other 66's it seems that not all of them came with the interior hood release.

I've looked for a reproduction clip, can't seem to find it. I'm assuming Laysons may have it, just can't find it

20160730_194653.jpg

20160730_194640.jpg

20160730_193758.jpg

20160730_193747.jpg

Man, I never saw a remote hood latch option on an early A. Are you sure that wasnt added later?
But that clip looks identical to the one that is part of the wire loom harness near the battery on most 60's Mopars. It is friction taped to the loom. It probably is repopped. Because Evans makes harnesses, maybe they could be a source.
That means there would be 2 holes in that channel area. One for the wire harness and one for the cable.

I too believe that it is an aftermarket addition, as nowhere in my production option code book does it reference any inside hood release, and that is for all 66-68 models!

-
Back