[WANTED] 66 valiant rear glass seal needed

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody makes them new. And I mean nobody. You're going to have to find a good used one. Good luck.

Your only real option is to buy bulk windshield seal and make your own- some glass shops may have an old guy in back that remembers how to glue them up if you don't want to do it yourself.
You need to match up the profile of your old seal to a bulk (roll) seal and buy it by the foot.
Examples from RockAuto:
Body & Lamp Assembly > Weatherstrip > Windshield Molding / Seal | RockAuto

Are they still in business ?
Yes and they still carry bulk weatherstrip. What you have to do is cut yours, look at the end profile, go on their page and match it up best you can.

Yes and they still carry bulk weatherstrip. What you have to do is cut yours, look at the end profile, go on their page and match it up best you can.
If anyone still has theirs I'd like to see a profile picture of it mine is long gone , thew it away never thinking it was such a unicorn. I was told by a glass guy that a 65 rear window gasket can be cut and glue to successfully fit as the 65 was bigger and ightly rounder.

If you can find a good used one, clean it with Gojo hand cleaner. Gojo has a lot of Lanolin in it, and that softens the rubber up and helps preserve it. I learned that trick from an old auto glass guy back in the 80's when there weren't any new window gaskets available for Mopars. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back