66 Valiant Signet body molding clips

-

FURY440

Reaction score
I'm looking for the body molding/trim clips. I did some searching, but came up with nothing so far.
66 Valiant Signet 2.png

Here is a picture of the molding mounting clips. I'm also looking for the passengers side Valiant Signet emblem if anyone has one or knows where to get one. Thank you....
20161028_081737.jpg
20161028_083711.jpg

You will probably not find those fasteners unless they were used for more than just the 66 side trim!! Unfortunately, nobody likes to support the one year only parts, and these are even rarer because only Signets had that trim, and only in 66!! Might have to use a butterfly style clip and buy it from the back, unless you can find a butterfly clip that size with the push in button

You will probably not find those fasteners unless they were used for more than just the 66 side trim!! Unfortunately, nobody likes to support the one year only parts, and these are even rarer because only Signets had that trim, and only in 66!! Might have to use a butterfly style clip and buy it from the back, unless you can find a butterfly clip that size with the push in button

Most every hole is accessible from behind the panel, so I'm going to use the butterfly clips that nut on from behind! Of course my interior is out for a floorpan change so I can just zip em in at this point!

I'm lookin
I'm looking for the same molding clips for my 66 dart wagon 270 . No luck yet either. Tomorrow or Monday if I get out of work on time I'm going to check out the auto body supply by my job. But I'd rather have the original new if you or me could find them.

I'm looking for the same molding clips for my 66 dart wagon 270 . No luck yet either. Tomorrow or Monday if I get out of work on time I'm going to check out the auto body supply by my job. But I'd rather have the original new if you or me could find them.

Can you let me know if you find something from body shop and I'll do the same if I find something. I'm sure there is something that can be used to substitute what we have. Most of the ones on my car are ok, but the others just don't hold the trim good enough.

Most every hole is accessible from behind the panel, so I'm going to use the butterfly clips that nut on from behind! Of course my interior is out for a floorpan change so I can just zip em in at this point!

Thanks. Can you let me know what you use when you get to that point please. Where did you find the floor pans. Mine are in great shape for exception of a small hole in the front that can be fixed with a weld in patch.

Thank you. I didn't know this trim was only for the 66 Valiant Signet. I better make sure when putting it back on that it's secure because I'm sure the trim is next to impossible to find if lost or damaged.

Thanks. Can you let me know what you use when you get to that point please. Where did you find the floor pans. Mine are in great shape for exception of a small hole in the front that can be fixed with a weld in patch.

As surprising as it may sound, I think I am the only person on this site who got a good deal that was actually delivered from Superdart Bob! I paid $200 to have it shipped from Arizona and traded him a set of K-H brakes for it!

IMG_3012.JPG

I looked this up in my '66 Mopar parts book.
It is part number 6001611 called a retainer & seal.
It is used on '66 Valiant Signets and '66 Dart 270 models.
I was not able to find other models that use it and I don't know about other model years.

image.jpg

image.jpg

-
Back