66 Valiant Vert RUSTORATION

-
The second way would be fix the rockers on the vert now tie together the 4 door replace one rocker at a time with the vert ones cut the roof off graft the front window frame on and the rear pieces too make it a two door vert. Either way the cars made up of the same pieces just make sure both cars are in your name keep a good picture record if you ever sell it make you show how it was put togethered. I'll go with the second seems easier.

The way I can see you doing this would be one of two ways first way would be cut up the 4 door into 3-5 major pieces,
1st cut the front frame, firewall, inner fenders and rad support as one piece.
2nd cut the main floor as another piece, now get rid the roof and rockers.
3rd you can deal with the back half in two ways 1st leave it in one piece or take the hind quarters off, leaving rear floor, trunk floor, rear frame and inner wheel wells as one piece.

Next take the vert to it basic unibody tie it together with tubing take just enough floor out to repair the rockers than put the new floor. Next put in the new front end, now the back half can be done in two ways first repair the hind quarters in and out with parts of the 4 door ones than install the complete rear floor and frames with the other one. 2nd seperate the back half from the car leaving the rear door jam tied in, weld on the complete 4 door rear section than graft the vert parts thets the way I'll go if doing it this way.

i'm flying you down :prayer:

The second way would be fix the rockers on the vert now tie together the 4 door replace one rocker at a time with the vert ones cut the roof off graft the front window frame on and the rear pieces too make it a two door vert. Either way the cars made up of the same pieces just make sure both cars are in your name keep a good picture record if you ever sell it make you show how it was put togethered. I'll go with the second seems easier.

i'm not sure if i'm following this one as easily..... i should use the rockers from the vert on the 4 door even though the 4 door rockers are less rusted... couldn't i just reinforce those rockers?.... also, the 4 door floor is patchwork so it will have to be replaced regardless

but the basically your saying use the 4 door base and vert it

Maybe you could peel off the outer skin of the rocker on the 4 door install that chunk of metal from the vert rocker put the skin back on and maybe install subframe connectors.

wish my camera batteries weren't charging.... someone "repaired" a 18 inch by 6 inch strip on my pass quarter between the fender and door..... with a rivet gun and bondo..... yep... i no longer have to weld this puppy.... woohoo... rivet gun here i come! :)

also, i never really looked to see if everything worked,,, the blower blows air, and i have an aftermarket 8 track am/fm radio..... must have come with those bass 48 speakers :p

REALLY leaning toward fixing the vert and parting the 4 door.... i got the top off and just looking at the metal under shows me just how good the top half of this car is..... there are a few holes in the rear corners where the frame rails sat, but it's really solid where the top sits..... i also see now what you were saying about the fender wells being flattened.... i think that since my rockers are so strongly built that transferring frame rails and the front end from the 4 door is the best bet.... damn salt roads!!

Attachments

• 101_0493.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 101_0494.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 101_0496.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 101_0497.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 198
  • 101_0498.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 181
REALLY leaning toward fixing the vert and parting the 4 door.... i got the top off and just looking at the metal under shows me just how good the top half of this car is..... there are a few holes in the rear corners where the frame rails sat, but it's really solid where the top sits..... i also see now what you were saying about the fender wells being flattened.... i think that since my rockers are so strongly built that transferring frame rails and the front end from the 4 door is the best bet.... damn salt roads!!

Sounds like the way to go, hope to see more progress!!

Looks like you got the front floor out now, the floor in the rear doesn't look to bad is it mainly gone by the rear shackle?

Looks like you got the front floor out now, the floor in the rear doesn't look to bad is it mainly gone by the rear shackle?

the rear seat area and the trunk are both rusted where the frame rails and torque boxes meet them... i guess the frame rails just rotted from the bottom up.... i think i might be able to remove what's left of the rail and torque boxs and then patch the floor (i'll still need a new trunk pan)..... then i can install the donor rails

-
Back