66 Valiant Wagon firewall gaskets/grommets

-

ndeconte

Reaction score
Ok all,

I'm just starting on the slightly modofied/restoration of cherished 66 plymouth Valiant wagon and I have a couple questions.......

The basic body shell of the 66 wagon is a carry over from the 65 wagon correct? I assume so since it has the same rear bumper and wheel openings of the 65.

I'm in search of a replacement firewall gasket set and I'm looking for a replacement firewall grommet for the gas pedel shaft (swivel, slant 6 design) and the rubber bushing for the gas pedal shaft into the carburetor.

Any leads on these would be greatly appreciated.

If needed I have a ton of used body plugs from old mopars, just need a size.

I'm in search of a replacement firewall gasket set and I'm looking for a replacement firewall grommet for the gas pedel shaft (swivel, slant 6 design) and the rubber bushing for the gas pedal shaft into the carburetor.

Any leads on these would be greatly appreciated.

I probably have an extra gasket set and might have the firewall grommet for the pedal rod through the firewall.

The basic body shell of the 66 wagon is a carry over from the 65 wagon correct?

The same bodyshell is used for all '63-'66 Valiant and Dart wagons. There are obvious differences in front end sheetmetal, taillight configurations, dashboards, and trim. There are also less obvious differences: the '63 doors don't fit '64-'66 cars and vice versa, the door locks are the same '63-'65 but different for '66, and of course there are mechanical differences as well.

I'm in search of a replacement firewall gasket set

The best ones come from DMT. They don't list pre-'67 A-body items in their cattledogs, but not all their stuff is in the books and they happily expand their line when people send in old samples and/or tracings.

and I'm looking for a replacement firewall grommet for the gas pedel shaft (swivel, slant 6 design) and the rubber bushing for the gas pedal shaft into the carburetor.

Both from Gary Goers. See here. He also has the difficult-to-find hood-to-radiator-support and hood-to-cowl rubber seals, the correct door bumpers and door lock gaskets, and a whole bunch of other needed stuff.

Since you're working on a '66 wagon, you might want to see this post, too.

The same bodyshell is used for all '63-'66 Valiant and Dart wagons. There are obvious differences in front end sheetmetal, taillight configurations, dashboards, and trim. There are also less obvious differences: the '63 doors don't fit '64-'66 cars and vice versa, the door locks are the same '63-'65 but different for '66, and of course there are mechanical differences as well.

The best ones come from DMT. They don't list pre-'67 A-body items in their cattledogs, but not all their stuff is in the books and they happily expand their line when people send in old samples and/or tracings.

Both from Gary Goers. See here. He also has the difficult-to-find hood-to-radiator-support and hood-to-cowl rubber seals, the correct door bumpers and door lock gaskets, and a whole bunch of other needed stuff.

Since you're working on a '66 wagon, you might want to see this post, too.

Dan, You seem like a wealth of knowledge when it comes to this, thanks a lot for the information!

-
Back