66 Valiant

-

66Vali

Reaction score
So this is what it looks like after I got the interior ripped out...I still need to get the other slider off for the bench seat, but am working in a tight area....

Do you think I should re do the entire floor pan, or just the rear one?? or just patch it up??

I am new to everything and am learning on the fly...

Attachments

• IMG_0977N.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0978N.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0979N.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 127
Should I re do the whole floor or just the front and rear drivers side??

Cant see the whole thing well but if you can get away with not i wouldnt. I use a descaler on them to test integrity and to remove undercoating and scale. Just strip paint treat the rust with KBS coating or POR-15, then put new seem sealer down and simple paint and over there epoxy since its not seen you dont have to paint the stuff is black KBS comes in differant colors not car colors however. Hope that helped. pic of descaler

patch that-- from the small picture --the surrounding area looks solid--- clean it up & weld in a new piece.

ask on this board =-- someone might have a decent corner floor for that with correct contours & such ,Lawrence

O would only replace what needs replacing. Why go through all the trouble of finding, cutting, bracing, welding, and such when you only need to patch in a few spots. As mentioned above, scale, seal and stabilize the rest!!! Geof

Thanks guys....I think I will just be patching it up!!! Where would I find one of these de-scalers at in Canada, and what exactly do they do??

thats exactly what i did with my 66. torch n hammer it into place. works real good!

-
Back