67-69 Barracuda cargo wall carpet.

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
My Barracuda didn't come with carpet on the cargo side panels.I like the look of carpet on the side walls.Have you Guys had luck with the carpet sticking on the walls and not wrinkling or coming off? I am using DAP Weldwood contact cement.If I am going to run into issues later down the roadI will just leave the carpet off.
Was the carpeted cargo side panels only offered on the deluxe interior package?

Thanks,Jim

Contact cement not rubber cement.
It will not come loose.
The carpet can dry rot away and you will still struggle to scrape the glue off the panels if they
are not allowed to rust.
It is petroleum based. Long term repair.
Clean vinyl with acetone to remove the build up of armorall before applying glue.

Thanks ssba.So far I have pretty good luck using the Weldwood my trap door came out really good.I carpeted both sides and the back side really soaked up the glue.

I used the weldwood contact cement and good prep work. A little tricky to get it lined up along the rear mount tabs and all. Used some thin wood dowels to help before it grabbed hold.

Yes carpet on the deluxe interior optioned cars. Vinyl on the standard interior. Could not find anyone that reproduced the vinyl that was pre-cut, so I went with the carpet and I am pleased.

Jim it works best on materials that soak it up like that. It will work real fine.
I've been watching your build thread. You really found a great car. I can just imagine
how it must feel to look at it and know its yours.
I think I'll go throw my crappers away now. Not really.
We are not terribly far apart in miles. I will have to meet up with you at a show sometime
when you get yours out.
That is if you can stand being near my rough old fish. Its a 68 fb also. Was originally the same color as yours.
I will have to prime it all one color before I take it anywhere though. Not much for me to be proud of yet.
Glad to see your moving right along on yours. Winston.

Thanks SSBA I would love to check your car out.I am 45 and have wanted a 68 Barracuda since I first saw one when I was 15 in 1985.I bought a rear black Legendary seat cover yesterday.I thought while I have the seat out and apart I may as well put a new cover on it.I have never installed seat covers before but I know I can do it.If I keep the front split bench that will be more challenging.

-
Back