67-69 Barracuda Dash for a 71 Duster?

-

des69mopar

Reaction score
Ok, so short of finding a 71 Rally dash frame. My plan is to use a 67 Barracuda dash frame & modify it for a 71 since the cutouts for the radios match up. I planned on using a piece from the left side of the collar on a donor 69 frame & weld it to cover the hole for the ignition. Then spot weld any extra holes & using my glove box door from my 71 standard dash.

Am I better off using the 69 frame and graft the radio area from the 67?
Would the glove box area on a 67 or 69 frame need any modifications for a 71 door to operate?
From reading other posts cutting the 71 standard dash is said to be "NOT the best option".

AM I overlooking any other mods? Any input or help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Mike D
P.S. Anyone have a 71 frame....LOL? If so pm me.

67 cluster is different than 68 -71 cluster...67 is only for that year

I have both frames here if you wan't comparison pictures. Let me know if you do I can take some . We are moving things around tomorrow and may be near them

Here is a 68 frame for reference The ash try and ignition switch hole is different than a 67. The 68 has a one year only column cover also. and had a different style radio also. BUT the instrument cluster was the same cut out.

20200206_122338-jpg.jpg

I installed a complete 70 Duster into my 68 Barracuda with no issues.
While I was doing that, I also had a 67 and a 69, complete take-outs, to chose from. I noticed that every year has enough differences that I had to install completes.
Since I had a console column with no ig,sw, I had to cut a hole in my Duster dash for the 68 keysw ;no big deal.

BTW
This goes for the grills also, each year is subtly different. I managed to put a 69 into my 68 fenders, but it was an adventure.

69 frame is a lot closer than a 67
Yea l was looking at it today and the holes for the pad matches. If l cutout the radio area on my standard dash trim it and graft it in & cover the ignition I'm done.

get your bare dash bezel out and place it on the 69 dash. That will tell you how careful, and where the graft needs to be particularly good.

get your bare dash bezel out and place it on the 69 dash. That will tell you how careful, and where the graft needs to be particularly good.
Yea, match up the holes for the radio posts

Sometimes I struggle to understand what is desired. I know what I would want. If I'll have a rally inst' panel i would want the matching trim piece on the glove box door. If I had to use a 67 B'cuda dash with its door, so be it. Simple pull handle instead latch would be no issue.
I would put a fog lamp switch, amplifier switch, something, in the ignition switch bezel before trying to weld patch that hole too.
My guess is you want to perfectly replicate the 71 rally dash. Good luck with it.

Sometimes I struggle to understand what is desired. I know what I would want. If I'll have a rally inst' panel i would want the matching trim piece on the glove box door. If I had to use a 67 B'cuda dash with its door, so be it. Simple pull handle instead latch would be no issue.
I would put a fog lamp switch, amplifier switch, something, in the ignition switch bezel before trying to weld patch that hole too.
My guess is you want to perfectly replicate the 71 rally dash. Good luck with it.
Yea l am going for a duplicate to match perfectly. Made the decision today to start with a 69 to start the dash pad bolts & ashtray line up perfectly & glovebox door from my 71 standard works perfectly, just have to drill holes to mount the trim. Some fabricating around the ignition & radio...done

-
Back