67-69 barracuda front clip on 74 dodge dart

-
i know a 67 valiant front clip will... so i don't see why not.

you basically need everything from the cowl out. 67~8 would be a better choice becasue 69 is one year only hood support/pop, so you'd probably have better luck on part availability. same with the grilles.

I mean, the fenders, hood, grille etc will all bolt on to the chassis. But the body lines won't match the doors at all, if the doors even work with the profile of the fenders. All the other A-bodies share the same body lines on the doors, but not the Barracuda. And the profile of the door is more rounded, so the Duster door may not clear the fender when opening and closing.

IMG_3622.JPG

this-1968-plymouth-barracuda-in-ember-gold-is-what-all-barn-finds-hope-to-become_1.jpg

I haven't personally tried it, but I believe it's a no go. Now, a Dart front clip is no problem...
img_5983-jpeg-jpg-jpg.1716226853

Last edited:
I mean, the fenders, hood, grille etc will all bolt on to the chassis. But the body lines won't match the doors at all, if the doors even work with the profile of the fenders. All the other A-bodies share the same body lines on the doors, but not the Barracuda. And the profile of the door is more rounded, so the Duster door may not clear the fender when opening and closing.

View attachment 1716227091

View attachment 1716227092

I haven't personally tried it, but I believe it's a no go. Now, a Dart front clip is no problem...
img_5983-jpeg-jpg-jpg.1716226853
Yeah you’re right. I think i would just go with the demon one

In my opinion, the answer is yes. But it depends on how good you are at major body work. You can get a 66 Mustang front end on your 74 Dart if you are good enough, but you will be doing a LOT of cutting, fabricating, welding and grinding. Will the Barracuda fenders bolt on? Probably, but they may not match the cowl, and like @72bluNblu said, the fenders will definitely not match the doors. You will be forced to do some massaging somewhere. If your metal working skills are good, give it a go. Take lots of pictures. We will want to see. Although I have never tried this, I doubt it will be a simple 'bolt things on and get a great fit' scenario.

Wow! Just thinking about what will be involved. (and why)

If you have a second gen barracuda front clip and in good condition those parts are worth a lot of money. Either find a barracuda shell to build or cash out.

Yeah you’re right. I think i would just go with the demon one

You have other options too, Valiant front clips work, as does any year of Dart front clip as long as you take everything from the doors forward that unbolts- fenders, hood, bumper, valance (if it has one), hood latch support bracket/sheet metal. You didn't say if you have a Dart or a Dart Sport, pretty much all of my pictures are for Dusters but they're basically the same as a Dart Sport from the firewall back, except for different tail lights. Your car being a '74 does introduce the possibility of having to mess with the bumper brackets, some '74's had shock mounted front bumpers and therefore only one bumper bracket mount, which is in the wrong place for a standard, non shock mount bumper. The rest of the '74's have all 3 mounts, because there was a production issue with the shock mounted bumpers so they switched back to standard mount bumpers less than half way through the model year. My '74 has all three...

img_1917-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

Valiant front end on a Duster
13087299_1068257469887877_4529367604956132090_n.jpg

Another Valiant front end on a Duster
IMG_6171 copy.JPG

'68 Dart front end on a Duster
IMG_1075sm.jpg

'67 Dart front end on a Dart Sport
00x0x_bj2XbG6RENO_1200x900.jpg

Valiant front clip on a Duster (actually finished!!!)
68-Duster-front.jpg.JPG

Wow! Just thinking about what will be involved. (and why)

Yeah with a Barracuda front clip you'd have to address any cowl to fender issues (if there are any) and then recontour the Dart door to get rid of the body lines that the Barracuda doesn't have. And then either remove the body line from the quarter, or blend it out somewhere between the fender and the quarter (somewhere in the door).

-
Back