'67-'69 Barracuda Road Racing?

-

DubbleWhammy

Reaction score
Hello! I need help from any of you middle aged folks that remember road racing back in the late '60's. Did the '67-'68-'69 Barracuda ever compete in any Trans-Am or SCCA A-Sedan road race... or ANY road race? I know Scott Harvey and others ran a 1966 model in Trans-Am, and Harvey also had a '67 homolugated for FIA Group 2, I believe to run in pro-rally. Any info would help, I'll settle for an entry, DNF, lame effort.... any info at all. Thanks for the help!!

You're gonna have to go older than middle-aged to remember. I've never seen pictures, but I'm sure Mike from Team Starfish would know even if his car is a 66. I just saw him Saturday at Spring Fling.

Do the names Sally and Dennis Koelmel ring any bells? According to the vintage 67 Barracuda ad, they were 3 time SCCA National Rally Champions, and they raced a 67 one season.

I have never seen a 68-69 Barracuda Trans Am car. I don't think Mopar had an engine to run, being that you needed 305ci and under and could not de-stroke until 70 when the AAR came in. The 67 and earlier had the 273. My guess is that anything running in 68-69 would have been a 67.

-
Back