'67-'69 Dart AMD Bumper Pics Needed

-

clinteg

Reaction score
Those of you that have AMD bumpers on '67-'69 Darts, please post pics of the fitment to the trunk lid and quarter panels if you have them. Something is not right with mine. Body shop says there's a dip in the bumper but the trunk lid itself looks bowed up in the center to me. I thought the Dart trunk lid lip was straight across at the bottom are they not? Can someone put a straight edge across theirs so I can have something to reference? Thanks in advance.

The 2 trunks I have for 69 Dart are straight across the bottom at bumper. Here's a photo with a level all the way across.

IMG_8565.JPG

Here's what mine looked like before it was rear ended
55E18258-2601-444F-9EE8-9F1275163434.jpg

Yours looks straight to me in that picture. Weird some are straight and some curved up. Maybe years of slamming the trunk on some and not others? Was your trunk damaged in the accident?

Yes the lip was bent forward but the was about it from what I could tell.

Yes 4 foot level is touching on both sides. Looks straight. Would have never have guessed that it wasn't straight until I put the straight edge on it

Yes 4 foot level is touching on both sides. Looks straight. Would have never have guessed that it wasn't straight until I put the straight edge on it

Me either. I had convinced myself they were straight but I had no reference. This is helping though! I'm thinking AMD doesn't add in that small contour into their bumper so they don't fit quite like factory. Damn I really am going to miss that nice original I had.

-
Back