67-69 dart convert inside mirror

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the inside rearview mirror is different between hardtop and convertible?
I have a 69 Dart convert, and the rearview I have LOOKS like the one from a hardtop. I went to install it, and the screw holes don't line up.
Thanks in advance for any info.

George

They are not the same, I can get some pics of the one in the Barracuda latter if you need some ?

Can anyone tell me if the inside rearview mirror is different between hardtop and convertible?
I have a 69 Dart convert, and the rearview I have LOOKS like the one from a hardtop. I went to install it, and the screw holes don't line up.

George

You need to find one for 67-69 Dart/Barracuda Convertible

Thanks fellas.
Jaws, a picture would be great. I need to know what it looks like in order to locate one.
I just restored the one I have too, dammit. LOL

George

Here you go George

Picture.jpg

George

Can you drill out the holes to make it work? May be a temporary solution until you find one????

Thanks a LOT Belmateo. Now to locate one.....

George
George, if I see one at Carlise I will pick one up..Even if you dont want it I can use it as a spare for my 69 dart conv..I will let you know if I see one..

Belmateo- I LMAO on that comment! :D

Hauk67 - THANK YOU so very much! I cannot attend this year. I haven't missed Carlisle since 1999, but sadly can't make this years Mopar OR Corvette show. Sucks too.
I'll gladly reimburse whatever it costs plus shipping.

George

Nope ,never seen george's work. My suyggestion was the temp. non distructive fix ,so you could drive legally.

Nope ,never seen george's work. My suyggestion was the temp. non distructive fix ,so you could drive legally.
Dartfastback,
If I can't locate a rearview mirror for a convert in a reasonable price range, your suggestion is exactly what I plan to do!
Although I really do prefer the cars to be done correctly, this car is more of a racecar then a street car, so things can be changed a bit. Besides, the hardtop mirror I have is absolutely cherry.

George

-
Back