67-69 Dart rear bumper brackets any differences?!?

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a member who wants to swap me rear bumpers. We both have 67's. His has a 68-69 bumper on it, and he wants to swap for my 67. My car has 68 tail lights and I will be using the back up lights in them.

What we need to know is there any differences in the bumper brackets. Both bumpers look the same from the outside, but we don't know if some previous owner changed the brackets on his when they put the other bumper on or whether they just swap straight out?!?

Mine

rearbumper001Medium_zps2bacb82d.jpg

His

Bumper1_zps223c40d4.jpg

He is going to bring his bumper to me tomorrow, so we kinda need to know if he needs to pull his brackets also. What do you all think??? Thanks!

That's kinda what we were thinking, but you never know on these 67's. Could have been another one year only part that seems to plague these cars.

He didn't want to drive a hour to get here only to find out that he should have brought the brackets also. I really didn't want to pull my brackets if I didn't have to.

You might want to consider trading brackets and all..

Trying to undo all those chrome cap bumper bolts will no doubt have a few casualties,, and then you'd have new and old bumper bolts,, and be able to tell..

just a thought

hope it helps

Met member Map63Vette (Michael) today and we swapped bumpers. We were happy with the condition of each other's bumpers so it was a good deal for both of us. I went home and bolted mine right on!

20131130_150858_zps5ffbdf7e.jpg

While I was unbolting mine, I found that one outer bumper bracket was loose and was probably the rattle that I've been searching for for years now. Win/win!!

That's kinda what we were thinking, but you never know on these 67's. Could have been another one year only part that seems to plague these cars.

He didn't want to drive a hour to get here only to find out that he should have brought the brackets also. I really didn't want to pull my brackets if I didn't have to.

...but they are a 1 year only deal....reverse lights in bumper in '67 only.

(but you knew that already, right?)

-
Back