-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tleroy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of fiberglass fenders and a fiberglass rear bumper for 67-69 Dodge Dart. Will trade for metal fenders and bumper or sell outright for $450 plus shipping. Parts are located in N. Kentucky, just south of Cincinnati, Ohio. Will post pictures soon. Thanks

You have any pics.
Attached are the pictures. Thanks,

imagejpeg_0.jpg

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_11.jpg

20161227_150015.jpg

imagejpeg_10.jpg

20161227_150313.jpg

Were those ever fitted to a 67 or 68 body? They look by the turn signal marking lamp mount location and hole to be for a 73- 76 aplication

Not rying to bust your balls but maybe would be interestedin them for my car if thats the case

Last edited by a moderator:
Not rying to bust your balls but maybe would be interestedin them for my car if thats the case
I've never had these installed on any car. They were part of the purchase deal with my 69 Dart. I would assume that marker lights could be cut depending on your year. I'm using steel parts and have no use for these.

Man i wish i knew for sure that would make it easier to make a decision thanks for replying happy new year

Fyi same fender will fit 76-69 and 73-76 only difference is marker lamp cutout. Its fiberglass easily modded and fixed.

Drill 2 holes where header attaches to each fender, and make 2 flat steel straps with holes in them lining up with your drill holes. Tack weld 2 1/4-20 thread sized nuts to each strip over the holes drilled in the strip, or use 1/4-20 fender clip nuts and jb weld the straps in place up inside the fender behind the headlight bucket area. Maybe temp screw some body bolts into the straps from the header panel mounting side to hold the nutplate straps in place until the jb weld dries, then unscrew temp body bolts, and install the header panel.u

Thats exactly what i would do if using these on a 73-76 dart. I used a steel 69 dart fender on a 73 dart sport one time. Had to drill the new marker light hole location, and weld a patch and fill in the old reflector hole, then had to drill and add nuts to the backside of the fender where the header panel would attach. I did all this simply because its what i had to work with. When done it looked like it belonged there. I am sure a 73-76 fender could also be made to work on a 67-69 just as easily, or easier since you can just fill in the headr panel holes as they arent needed on a 67-69.

Good price on the 'glass fenders too. They can be pricey. Wish they were cuda ones, i would buy em in a heartbeat. If you have to fill and move holes, sand the hole slightly concave on the exterior side, put aluminum tape against the back of the hole temporarily, and use dynaglass fiberglass based body filler to fix. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
I have a pair of fiberglass fenders and a fiberglass rear bumper for 67-69 Dodge Dart. Will trade for metal fenders and bumper or sell outright for $450 plus shipping. Parts are located in N. Kentucky, just south of Cincinnati, Ohio. Will post pictures soon. Thanks
Did you sell the bumper allready would you sell just the fenders? How much shipped to fl. 33578

Did you sell the bumper allready would you sell just the fenders? How much shipped to fl. 33578
I still have all of the parts. I would have to check on shipping. Most likely would use Greyhound.

Drill 2 holes where header attaches to each fender, and make 2 flat steel straps with holes in them lining up with your drill holes. Tack weld 2 1/4-20 thread sized nuts to each strip over the holes drilled in the strip, or use 1/4-20 fender clip nuts and jb weld the straps in place up inside the fender behind the headlight bucket area. Maybe temp screw some body bolts into the straps from the header panel mounting side to hold the nutplate straps in place until the jb weld dries, then unscrew temp body bolts, and install the header panel.u

Thats exactly what i would do if using these on a 73-76 dart. I used a steel 69 dart fender on a 73 dart sport one time. Had to drill the new marker light hole location, and weld a patch and fill in the old reflector hole, then had to drill and add nuts to the backside of the fender where the header panel would attach. I did all this simply because its what i had to work with. When done it looked like it belonged there. I am sure a 73-76 fender could also be made to work on a 67-69 just as easily, or easier since you can just fill in the headr panel holes as they arent needed on a 67-69.

Good price on the 'glass fenders too. They can be pricey. Wish they were cuda ones, i would buy em in a heartbeat. If you have to fill and move holes, sand the hole slightly concave on the exterior side, put aluminum tape against the back of the hole temporarily, and use dynaglass fiberglass based body filler to fix. Easy peasy.
Thanks MoparMatt2000!

I've had some interest in bumper. $350 plus shipping for the fenders.

Moparwillybb,

For best results fit the fenders to the car, and get the right gaps between them, the hood, and the header panel. then line up the header panel and get it exactly where you want it, then template the holes directly from the header to the fender, and drill them out. This way your assured they are in exactly the right spot.

Id recommend a shot of rattle can gray primer on the fender edges where you want to drill for the header, let dry, then fit the header panel where you want it to be, and use a black sharpie to mark the hole locations on the fender by going thru the existing holes in the header panel. This way you know they are exactly where they need to be.

FedEx online quote was actually cheaper than Greyhound. $120 insured. I have to do some creative packaging. Total for both fenders shipped is $470. Thanks,

FedEx online quote was actually cheaper than Greyhound. $120 insured. I have to do some creative packaging. Total for both fenders shipped is $470. Thanks,
Im still trying to do some research and make sure im ready to do the conversion

If I am understanding you, these fenders will fit a 69 Dart without issue? I am looking to lighten up my all steel perfect shape 69 Dart GT. I would like to store my steel front end essentially for glass fenders, hood and front and rear bumpers.

If these will absolutely fit, I will pull the trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back