67-9 small block power steering pump source

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to help a friend in our local Mopar club install power steering on her 67 Dart. Car has a 340 with the cast iron water pump (and driver side lower radiator hose) with mounting for PS pump. It is a Thompson/TRW pump. Is there a source for a rebuilt pump with reservoir? Is there a conversion kit to a more readily available pump (Saginaw?)?

Trying to help a friend in our local Mopar club install power steering on her 67 Dart. Car has a 340 with the cast iron water pump (and driver side lower radiator hose) with mounting for PS pump. It is a Thompson/TRW pump. Is there a source for a rebuilt pump with reservoir? Is there a conversion kit to a more readily available pump (Saginaw?)?
Check Bergman Autocraft.

The ad is on the right boarder on our site!!

that's for the Gates rebuild kit,

at least that gets me part way there. I have a correct pump of unknown history. Have you ever rebuilt one yourself? Can you post a few pics of how this is set up. An old Mopar friend died unexpectedly a few years ago and his widow wants to show his 67 Dart, but he put fast ratio manual steering in it and she can't maneuver in parking lots or to park at a show so some of us are trying to get her setup with power steering, so there's nothing there to use as a go by.

Heres a thread I did, not super informative. I used a press, not properly necessarily lol. I got lucky.
TRW ps pump question

at least that gets me part way there. I have a correct pump of unknown history. Have you ever rebuilt one yourself? Can you post a few pics of how this is set up. An old Mopar friend died unexpectedly a few years ago and his widow wants to show his 67 Dart, but he put fast ratio manual steering in it and she can't maneuver in parking lots or to park at a show so some of us are trying to get her setup with power steering, so there's nothing there to use as a go by.

This won't help, remember one thing, steer when the car is moving, and have a stock diameter steering wheel. I have 3 cars, 2 are manual, one with p steering. It's not a big deal, I actually prefer the manual. If her car has a small aftermarket steering wheel, and the power steering doesn't work out, find a stock wheel, it makes a Big difference.

-
Back