67 B`cuda deck trim color?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the proper color of the center trim on a 67 Barracuda deck lid? I`ve seen them in all shades of black, silver, gray,etc. ??????:read2:

P.S.- If anybody knows a good place to find the two small pieces of trim for the top and bottom of the lid please let me know. Thanks- John

sorry i have a 69 notch and the tail panel is trimmed red on a white car

I have often wondered this myself. For the upper and lower trim, I have seen them available from time to time at Anobrite and Alltrim. I got mine from Anobrite. On a scale of 1-10, they were an 8. A couple of more dings should have been taken out and the paint was sloppy. My grill assemblies came from Alltrim and they are a solid 10. I have seen the center piece from Anobrite before and it looked grey to me so I did not buy it. The taillight center peice clearly looks silver to me so I was worried they would not match. Layson's might still carry the new repop upper and lower trim. This is not a perfect fit but very close as the bend is a little off in the center. The rest I have mentioned were old OEM stuff that has been reanodized.

The 2 narrow trim pieces for 67 are repoped and sold on ebay . not cheap but available none the less. Used that aren't dinged and stwisted are rare.
The center part of the wide piece is painted light argent. Same color as inside front grilles, on hubcaps, console top, etc... Two pieces on rear light fixtures included.
I've seen many painted black also and it does look good but not concours.
Polished completely looks good too but drivers behind you at night wont like that at all. LOL

I have often wondered this myself. For the upper and lower trim, I have seen them available from time to time at Anobrite and Alltrim. I got mine from Anobrite. On a scale of 1-10, they were an 8. A couple of more dings should have been taken out and the paint was sloppy. My grill assemblies came from Alltrim and they are a solid 10. I have seen the center piece from Anobrite before and it looked grey to me so I did not buy it. The taillight center peice clearly looks silver to me so I was worried they would not match. Layson's might still carry the new repop upper and lower trim. This is not a perfect fit but very close as the bend is a little off in the center. The rest I have mentioned were old OEM stuff that has been reanodized.

I will call Laysons tomorrow, thank you. I`ve noticed on my original top and bottom trim that the center stripe is actually a black pinstripe and not paint. I`m going to see if I can find a pinstripe of the correct width for them.

The 2 narrow trim pieces for 67 are repoped and sold on ebay . not cheap but available none the less. Used that aren't dinged and stwisted are rare.
The center part of the wide piece is painted light argent. Same color as inside front grilles, on hubcaps, console top, etc... Two pieces on rear light fixtures included.
I've seen many painted black also and it does look good but not concours.
Polished completely looks good too but drivers behind you at night wont like that at all. LOL

I`ll give Ebay a look, thanks Redfish. Argent silver on the trim, I should`ve known. I`ve seen so many pictures but all of them were different. I`m thinking of taking liberties on this car, so I might be going black with the trim????? If it looks bad then I`ll go with the Argent silver. Thanks again.

I bought the ebay top and bottom for my 67 cuda off of ebay and was totally happy with them but not to happy about the price. They are new reproduction so they look great.

The center piece deck trim was a light argent when I bought the car but I have painted it flat black since then to set things off a little.

The pics show the new top trim and also what the center piece looked like when I bought the car.

Deck lid trim 001.jpg

DSC01613.jpg

I will call Laysons tomorrow, thank you. I`ve noticed on my original top and bottom trim that the center stripe is actually a black pinstripe and not paint. I`m going to see if I can find a pinstripe of the correct width for them.

1/4 inch 3M tape works on the aluminum. It will work on the rear light fixtures too but if there are any raised pits you'll need to rub the high spots down with a small file and fill the divits with epoxy.
Next, wipe it all down with rubbing alcohol to remove wax etc..
The tape will stretch and turn the corners as required.
The best professional type 3M tape has a clear film on the outside that needs to be removed to set bond (final step). I've done grilles and rear trim a few times with black and red tape. Good luck

Metropartscompany.com also has the trim pieces for your '67 decklid. $145.00 each. Saw them at the Mopar Nats this year & they looked nice. Another option for you to check out. Good luck.

Thanks guys, they`re not giving that trim away, are they? Laysons -$189.00 ea.? Ebay-$270.00 pr. Might be time for the hammer, dolly, and buffer wheel. I`ve also noticed now that one is just slightly taller than the other and I did not mark them when I removed them. The taller one seems to fit better up top but.......??

If a caliper or scale will prove one is smaller than the other , the small one goes to the bottom.
Aluminum is easy to work using wooden or plastic tools. You can even create dies from an undamaged area with 2 part epoxy.
Most everything mullinax95 posted in his grille restore thread applies.
A note about hardware ; The very end T bolts need to be shorter than the common 3/4 " or they will scar the body when you close the lid.

-
Back