67 Barracuda Back Seat Cams Missing?

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
Back seat latch in my 67 Barracuda will not release to fold down. I pull d the seat back out for inspection. Am I missing the cams? If so, where do I get them?

IMG_7056.jpeg

IMG_7055.jpeg

I am reproducing them, but at this point they are untested.

There are also some plastic bushings that I don't see in your photos.

I'm not making those

Pm me if you want a set of the cams.

Pulled the hinges off and they look operational. I’m clearly missing the following so far:
1. Cam for each side
2. Bearing for each side that fits against cam
3. Shim for each side. They were none when I pulled out the seat.
4. Hinge covers for both sides - there were none

We pulled the side mouldings, escutcheon, and finish panel off. Then peeled back the carpet - it looks like the carpet was glued. Here are pictures of where we are now shown below. Seems like the next step would be to bend back the perimeter tabs and roll the seat cover back. I’m worried that the tabs might break though. Also, those look like spot welds at either side at the top of the escutcheon, so I don’t see how the back plate comes off. So if we peel back the seat cover, do you access the inside mechanisms from the front of the seat instead of the back?

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7066.jpeg

IMG_7067.jpeg

I pushed back each of the tabs in the seat back cover and carefully peeled it off. Looks like a couple of damaged parts inside. The rod link must be bent and the spring appears broken. See pictures below. The release rod looks okay along with the bearing/lever assembly.

Anyone know where I can get a new internal rod link and spring?

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7079.jpeg

IMG_7080.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

Picked up these bronze bushings. Fit one side perfectly and the other side will have to be cleaned up a bit for the bushing to slide in.

IMG_0340.png

IMG_7088.jpeg

I don't know but I think the cam nose goes inside the bushing.

Will return these to Amazon and get different ones once the cams are ready. Very encouraging though that a many bushing options are available. Is there baseline for what the perfect bushing looks like in terms of ID/OD, nose length, and flange diameter?

Will return these to Amazon and get different ones once the cams are ready. Very encouraging though that a many bushing options are available. Is there baseline for what the perfect bushing looks like in terms of ID/OD, nose length, and flange diameter
Hold off on the return.
The member who loaned me the cam is looking for the dimensions of the bushing he had made.

I’m happy to report that the 67 Barracuda back seat is completely installed and operating properly.

Thanks Dana67Dart (seat cams), Rat Rod AL (spring and link rod), barracuda kid (hinge covers, shims). Other parts came from Amazon and a local welder fixed the broken spot welds inside the seat (free for a ride in the car).

Biggest issue during reassembly was getting the spring frame in. My spring frame sits inside the seat frame on the top and sides, then sits on top of the seat frame on the bottom. Once we figured this out it reassembled perfectly. We also also added a stop to the lever inside the seat to keep it from over advancing and getting stuck.

Fun project and very satisfying having the seat release with the handle and pop into place as it pivots open and closed.

IMG_7316.jpeg

-
Back