67 Barracuda Bucket interchange

-

cudakid67

Reaction score
I'm looking to add buckets to my 67 Barracuda and am wondering what seats will interchange and will allow me to use the correct seat covers on. I don't want to get a set of seats and then not be able to put matching seat covers on them.

None are exactly the same as 67. The 65 / 66 bucket frames are close enough to work with 67 skins but the seat back portion is slightly taller and will not accept head rests.
Tho seat tracks beneath those early A buckets will not work in 67 and later.
68 / 69 Use the same frames as 67 but they dont have the steel backs and dress shields that 65 through 67 had. 68 / 69 have soft back inserts and plastic hinge covers.

My bucket seats in the 67 barracuda are a bit raggedy.
Couple questions....I know I could get new foam pads, and covers. Expensive. The seats themselves are fine.
Does anyone know what seats from a pick and pull would easily fit on the existing tracks? I am not picky about keeping it stock.
Or a good suggestion for a cheap replacement seat cover that just slides over?
Just trying to figure out the cheapest way to handle it.
ANy advice appreciated.

My bucket seats in the 67 barracuda are a bit raggedy.
Couple questions....I know I could get new foam pads, and covers. Expensive. The seats themselves are fine.
Does anyone know what seats from a pick and pull would easily fit on the existing tracks? I am not picky about keeping it stock.
Or a good suggestion for a cheap replacement seat cover that just slides over?
Just trying to figure out the cheapest way to handle it.
ANy advice appreciated.

If you look around at places like ebay you'll find lots of pull over seat covers but... they are made for high back buckets. A sewing machine can fix that.

I just had my seats done got them yesterday found a local guy who did complete front and rear and did cloth inserts whole job with material cost less tham 600. cheaper than ordering covers from lendgendary or classis industries.

I have a set of bucket seats with excellent tracks out of a 67 Barracuda. But shipping might be a deal killer?

-
Back