67 Barracuda Carpet Issue

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
I’m on track to finishing up my 67 Barracuda interior and have a carpet issue. I bought the car about a year ago and I think the previous owner had the carpet replaced. Carpet fit-up in the front seat area is nice, but the back seat does not sit flat in the feet area and the carpet has pulled away from the sides. I am wondering if this is an installation issue or maybe the previous owner got carpet for the incorrect car. Pics are below, any thoughts on this?

IMG_6904.jpeg

IMG_6903.jpeg

Are you using the trim to hold it down on the sides?

Good point. Looking closer, the trim piece is missing on the drivers side and not the greatest shape on the passenger side. Is there a way to make the carpet fit the contour of the back floorboards a little better - maybe heat?

Also, are replacement trim pieces available?

Typically you would lay the carpet out in the sun prior to installation, so I would imagine heat or steam may help in the case of a non-contour fit carpet. Just don't get carried away with either heat source and you should be fine. Some use glue or spray adhesive, but there are varying opinions on that, so you may want to use the search feature here to do a little research first.
The trim pieces you want are called sill plate extensions. They are available to purchase here....https://www.classicindustries.com/product/mp6516.html

Excellent, just ordered the trim pieces. The Classic site says they are out of stock so they are on back order. It also says they will restock soon. Guess I need to get better at searching for parts because I poked around and only saw a used set on EBay.

Will try a hair dryer and some weights for better fit-up.

I have some rear carpet trim . Yours for the shipping !

Will call Classic tomorrow to see if they have any idea when the ones I ordered will come in. I sincerely appreciate the feedback and offer for a set.

-
Back